Not what i expected !

rsrjerry

Went out early this morning (like i do most mornings) , was wanting to sit and watch one of my squirrel feeders . I had decided yesterday that i needed to be approx 60yds off the squirrel feeder to get the best view of the feeder and area so i had my 17 mach2 and shotgun with me . Where i sat i could see down 2 x rides one had the squirrel feeder on and the other is where i have seen greys feeding at a pheasant feeder , plus i could see out into a field between the 2 x woods .

About 7.30am something caught my eye out in the field ,it was a fox trotting across the field toward my direction , the fox stopped about 50 yd off and stood i had allready raised the rifle and was looking through scope at the fox , then it moved a bit and to my left another fox appreared about 30 yd off it came over a stone wall that had fallen down and slowy made its way out toward the other fox in a submissive manner . I got my cross hairs on this fox and dropped it , the other fox made off but stopped after only 10 or so yds and stood broad side on so i dropped that one as well , Walked over the the 2 x dead foxes and sure enough it was a dog and a vixen ,then on inspection behind the fallen wall just inside the wood i found the set /earth .

Never got a grey squirrel but got my bonus !

post-9118-0-61580600-1303297544.jpg