Scope recomendations

Daveo26

I have two of these but 3.5 - 10 x 50's on both my 22lr's, they are a very good budget scope. My advice would be to zero at 25 yards which will give you point and shoot out to 60 yards, then the next two aimpoints are @ 75 and 100 yards. Download the free Hawke Ballistic software and have a play.

Edited by JRDS

Budget is they key.

New then Simmons are good value for money scopes. Mid range Luepold, upper end Ziess S&B etc. I have a small Ziess in my rimmy, excellent. Stopped making that model some years ago (94) in Germany, just bought another used one for a 17AH.

Dont forget to use a decent set of mounts.

You could do a lot worse then look for a used German 6x42, they are built like brick outhouses. Just dont buy a German number 1 reticule ( Single thick post) it makes judging holdover hard,

http://www.rmacleod.co.uk/CUSTOMER%20S_H%20STOCK%20LIST.pdf

There is a couple of S&B 6x42s for around the 300 mark, one of those should be ideal, far better than a new scope of lower quality. Warranty was/is 30 years so they do stand behind their products !!. Just check the reticule is one you like, from memory A7 is a duplex. There is also a Weaver that caught my eye, big Weavers were used quite a bit by the Benchrest boys. Believe they have reasonable glass but I have never looked through one.

A

Edited by Alycidon

Blimey..... Cheers gents.

Lots of replies to mull over. Just at the minute the big names such as S&B and leupold are out of my budget for my Desmond.

Im not after cheap and cheerful but but not after nightforce tackle either :lol:

I was thinking £100-150. Ill go and have a look through some at the gun shop.

Thanks again chaps.

Whats opticswarehouse like for prices ect?

I have a el cheapo Richter Optink 3-9x50 on the 10/22 and a Simmons pro hunter 6x40 on my Annie bolt action - the simmons is one of the clearest scopes I have and it's a keeper

opticswarehouse are good, I've got several items from them recently and they were the best price of everyone out there.

Have a look at Redfield scopes which are made by Leupold, lifetime warranty, look good, clear optics and reasonable prices - albeit at the top end of your budget. The 3-9x40 or the 2-7x33 will do a rimmy fine