CROW BASHING

SNAKEBITE

Well I put all the good advice into practice today and got a couple of crows.

I put my 3 decoys out around some bait I got from the butchers. Hunkered down about 35 yards away in a ditch with my ghillie suit and waited. Within minutes a few came down and I managed to get one. The next few minutes were spent watching them go mad! For a while they were shy to land (I think it was the sight of their fallen comrade. I was in a dilema whether to pick it up and break cover or just leave it) Eventually they settled in again and I got another. This time they went completley ballistic and if I'd had a shottie then they would have been falling out of the sky by the dozen! They were not afraid of anything they were just mobbing the decoys. After that they went completley cold and the slightest moement on my behaly sent them packing. They had rumbled my position and it was game over.

Only got 2 but it was 2 more than last week and I had a hell of a morning!

Cheers Wol,

That's the thing that has got me going now is the fact that they are the hardest to ambush! I really like a challenge and to push my skills. Up close and personnal!

The first one I shot was not the first one in the pattern. I tried to sit them up when I went to get them ut it was no use, they looked dead! I might invest in a couple of cradles but don't want too many as I'm not going to use tem that often.

Not wishing to blow my own trumpet but I was really impressed with the results today as I knew I had to be spot o to get anywhere.

Cheers Wol,

That's the thing that has got me going now is the fact that they are the hardest to ambush! I really like a challenge and to push my skills. Up close and personnal!

The first one I shot was not the first one in the pattern. I tried to sit them up when I went to get them ut it was no use, they looked dead! I might invest in a couple of cradles but don't want too many as I'm not going to use tem that often.

Not wishing to blow my own trumpet but I was really impressed with the results today as I knew I had to be spot o to get anywhere.

snake

when you want to use the shot ones as decoy's get some wooden kebab sticks and use them,

stick them under the chin into the head and you can set them up really good.

Well done on the 2 you got keep it up. :) :thumbs: :lol:

Good shooting M8 but whats all this about a ghillie suit not home made is it I know what your DIY skills are like :) :thumbs:

Oh yes it is home made but the research has taken months, the preperation has taken weeks and the wife helped me do it so I know it was done right!

Proved it today :lol:

Well I put all the good advice into practice today and got a couple of crows.

I put my 3 decoys out around some bait I got from the butchers. Hunkered down about 35 yards away in a ditch with my ghillie suit and waited. Within minutes a few came down and I managed to get one. The next few minutes were spent watching them go mad! For a while they were shy to land (I think it was the sight of their fallen comrade. I was in a dilema whether to pick it up and break cover or just leave it) Eventually they settled in again and I got another. This time they went completley ballistic and if I'd had a shottie then they would have been falling out of the sky by the dozen! They were not afraid of anything they were just mobbing the decoys. After that they went completley cold and the slightest moement on my behaly sent them packing. They had rumbled my position and it was game over.

Only got 2 but it was 2 more than last week and I had a hell of a morning!

good shooting, the crow is the hardest airgun quarry by far, good shooting m8. :)