what a a shoddy day

highseas

today.. i have no shame in saying ive shot like a ****** up scotsman witha water pistol! with all the sight and skill of 3 blind headghogs in a bag! i missed a roe buck at maybe 40 yards with my 223 then missed him again at 120 when he looked back before jumping into the wood, them i shot some targets just to make shure it was shooting fine,,and it was.

next miss was at lunch time when 2 crows wanderd across the field so i opend the back door got on the pod and missed :blush:

then tonight going around the larsens i missed a black ferral cat that ive been after for a long time he was maybe 80yrds away and head a redleg in his gob!

could it get worse?

yes...i then missed a fox sat in a gateway about 150-170 yards away in fairness i was shootnig of the quad with it still running so wasnt realy shocked i missed

so today missed with 5 shots hit with 2 (hares) and before the whole cat things gets nasty it is ferral theirs no pet cats for over 2 miles and it is a bird murdering *******

I think if you shoot long enough we all have days like this with a rifle. Some days its just not going to happen and once the confidence takes a knock its all up hill! In one way its nice when you check that the rifle/scope has held its zero, your kit is spot on......so where does that leave us? we shot like a ****!!

atvb Paul.