Game Keeper

Had a think about this position myself over the weekend,because I was really interested in learning about rearing, and I knew I didn't have enough experience to be the keeper because I have only done 12 months voluntary helping the keeper on a small shoot. Anyway, I phoned up this morning asking if he had a part time position on the game farm.. After a slight umm and arr, he said he had and the best thing was for me to go over and have a look round and a chat.. Half hour later, I was there.. We had a long informal chat and a he took me round the place, which he has been running for about 40 years.. 2 1/2 hrs later he asked if i was still interested and can work what ever days I want.. :yahoo:

He still wanting somebody for the original position as advertised, and has only had 2 responses from young lads with not enough experience..

Edited by Martin g

Had think about this position myself over the weekend,because I was really interested in learning about rearing, and I knew I didn't have enough experience to be the keeper because I have only done 12 months voluntary helping the keeper on a small shoot. Anyway, I phoned up this morning asking if he had a part time position on the game farm.. After a slight umm and arr, he said he had and the best thing was for me to go over and have a look round and a chat.. Half hour later, I was there.. We had a long informal chat and a he took me round the place, which he has being running for about 40 years.. 2 1/2 hrs later he asked if i was still interested and can work what ever days I want.. :yahoo:

He still wanting somebody for the original position as advertised, and has only had 2 responses from young lads with not enough experience..

Congrats mate well done!!! Im just starting out trying to find places to volunteer learning the trade (probably where you were about a year ago). Hope that you enjoy in and continue to learn the trade.

ATB Danny

• 2 weeks later...

Had a think about this position myself over the weekend,because I was really interested in learning about rearing, and I knew I didn't have enough experience to be the keeper because I have only done 12 months voluntary helping the keeper on a small shoot. Anyway, I phoned up this morning asking if he had a part time position on the game farm.. After a slight umm and arr, he said he had and the best thing was for me to go over and have a look round and a chat.. Half hour later, I was there.. We had a long informal chat and a he took me round the place, which he has been running for about 40 years.. 2 1/2 hrs later he asked if i was still interested and can work what ever days I want.. :yahoo:

Well done Martin, interseting to see that he has only had 2 responses