camo tape

steve3562

If you look at the well know auction house you may well come across a neoprane scope cover in real tree. This would be a better option, I use one myself and although I have adapted it to make it easier to get on and off it is a useful bit of kit. Better than the tape I would say.

Oh and another bad thing about tape is the possibility of moisture retention. On an alloy scope body this might not be a problem but barrels and actions are a different matter.

Can you qualify that Snakebite? I have only heard Neoprene covers causing a problem with moisture retention. Surely the No-Mar adhesive prevents any moisture build up under the tape.

I am only going by other peoples experience. Brian warned me of the dangers and there was talk of a 12g blowing a barrel in another thread. That is more than I need to warn me off! With the neoprane cover if it gets wet you take it off and dry it out, same with a gun sock. This takes all the risk out of it. No damage to anything. I would rather be over cautious and have a rust free gun than run the risk of an expensive cock up.

Oh no doubts about being cautious but if I remember rightly the 12g thread was down to a Neoprene cover. As I said, I havent heard any direct link to tape causing rust etc.

Perhaps members should ask this question form the manufacturer before using the item in question.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

The best camo tape on the market is CamoClad. This stuff won´t hold any damp like the No-Mar tape which actually consists of cloth. It also can be easy applied and taken off again without damage the surface of a gun and no glue is remaining on the gun what so ever afterward.

If you do not start diving with your gun the CamoClad will offer you a nearly perfect seal against the weather. Rain will just run off the tape if the tape is applied correctly.