Steel shot Pigeons wanted Beds/Hets

andy911

Hi All, still looking for a supply of Steel shot pigeons in the beds/Herts area to feed to my Falcons.

Had some response which I appreciate but still need some more!

Are people worried about using steel? Do they know it is only just over a fiver a box of 25? Is no-one shooting Pigeons locally? Awkward time of the year maybe?

Or simply do I have to offer more than 50p per bird??

Tried shooting them myself but only get very low numbers - not a great shot and not had much success with decoys!

Any help appreciated!

Many thanks

Andy

Yes, it's a quiet time of year I'm afraid, most of the birds are now staying in the woods nesting, there won't be many around until the Barley gets laid in late June / July.

I've still got some steel shells left and will look to use them all up when I next go out, but unless they start hitting the peas, I won't bother going out for some while.

Cat.

Yes, it's a quiet time of year I'm afraid, most of the birds are now staying in the woods nesting, there won't be many around until the Barley gets laid in late June / July.

I've still got some steel shells left and will look to use them all up when I next go out, but unless they start hitting the peas, I won't bother going out for some while.

Cat.

Many thanks, I'd appreciate anything you can get as have chicks to feed at the moment and they make great food. I still have some left but thinking ahead.

Cheers

Andy

Edited by andy911