LEI Modertaor for HMR

ellebarto

I was looking to swap my SAK moderator for a Wildcat Whisper, more to try something else that was rated than because I needed too and I was told that it could be a four week weight for the moderator so I asked if the gunsmith rated anything else for the HMR and the LEI moderator was mentioned. When they checked the stock they had a 2nd hand one in stock. It was tiny. Only slightly wider than the barrel of the HMR. Anyone any experience of this moderator. By all accounts its very expensive new and came 2nd in the gunmart rating of HMR mods!

I have one of these on a Sako Quad HMR, It fits flush with the heavy barrel which I really like. The only noise I get from the gun is the supersonic crack, in my opinion it's a really good bit of kit.

It might be a bit more expensive then some but the quality is there. you wont get the same gas cutting as some of the cheaper ones on the market; so it will do more rounds. I guess it comes down to if you reckon it's worth the extra money. I wouldn't change mine.

They look great but no better than the sak for noise suppresion .

I agree with the above,me and my cousin both have .17hmrs,i have the lei which was on when i bought the gun and he has the sak,the noise is different but to our ears we can detect nothing in the level of noise,if it wasn't on when i bought the gun i wouldn't have spent the money they cost,however it is very small and neat.

Chris.

Well I fancied a change and no one has said its any worse so as its lighter and smaller and my local gunsmith has a 2nd hand one in Ive gone for it! Lets see how I get on. Rubbish that you have to sell your existing mod then apply for the one for one variation before you can get it. Hate being without the HMR.

Rubbish that you have to sell your existing mod then apply for the one for one variation before you can get it. Hate being without the HMR.

I agree entirely.

Tell the gunsmith that the new mod is for a sub 12ftlb air rifle. He can then just sell it to you over the counter! (not sure if that applies to 2nd hand?)

You can buy a SAK no questions asked - as long as you say it is for an air rifle.

On your license, it is best if the moderator is listed as "serial number unknown, make unknown" that way you can swap around as much as you like and no need for a variation.

A stupid stupid law. As long as the rifle is licensed for use with a moderator, who cares which moderator!