Free audio books

Shuck.

Anyone know where I can get some DECENT audiobooks from well known Authers for free, maybe an App or something? I've looked for ages but to no avail :/

It's for an iPod Touch to listen to in the car. Any ideas?

Cheers PW!

Expensive things eh?

No idea, sorry bud, but i'll keep an eye on this thread!

Ha, well it's not for me, a mate wants some stuff to listen to in the car, I've had a look and stumbled across some 'e-Books', frankly a bit discusted how they can charge a tenner for a bit of text on a computer.. that would probably dissapear if the computer needs to be formatted etc. :oops:

No doubt audio versions will be the same price if not more!

Try your local library

Library is a good call, same goes for music CDs. There is a small charge (70 pencer per week here) but once they are on your mp3 player you can give them back.

I never even concidered that, thanks for the advice! (How much do you think they would charge me for five minutes?) :P

Cheers lads!

sent you a pm,

audiobooks aren't actuallythat expensive, I pay 7.99/month for audible, admittedly without a membership the audiobooks are pricey but with it their all the same. I used to pay £6-9 for a paperback novel and buy 2-3 per month (ones without a richard and judy sticker in tesco anyway!) but I dont get enough time to read these days so make up for it when driving

sent you a pm,

audiobooks aren't actuallythat expensive, I pay 7.99/month for audible, admittedly without a membership the audiobooks are pricey but with it their all the same. I used to pay £6-9 for a paperback novel and buy 2-3 per month (ones without a richard and judy sticker in tesco anyway!) but I dont get enough time to read these days so make up for it when driving

what authors names are you after

sent you a pm,

Hi Will. I'd not mind £8 a month for a few downloads but I've had a quick look on the site and it says you get one download a month, am I reading it wrong?

It probably won't be worth it for just standard length books though.

Cheers for the PM anyway!!

what authors names are you after

Was after Dean Koontz, Wilbur Smith, Stieg Larsson, I've got a few links now for some other sites which I'll check out when I get home which I think might've sorted me out.

Cheers again for all the advice and PM's lads.

Have a good day all!