Buzzards

A couple of years back I had buzzards try to take out my decoys on the ground several times within a couple of weeks (not since).......they don't half hit them hard!!!

Buzzard strutted around looking confused on each occasion and then flew off shortly after.

Great to see them close up from the hide though through the tele's....beaufiful birds.

A couple of years back I had buzzards try to take out my decoys on the ground several times within a couple of weeks (not since).......they don't half hit them hard!!!

Buzzard strutted around looking confused on each occasion and then flew off shortly after.

Great to see them close up from the hide though through the tele's....beaufiful birds.

Several years ago I had a buzzard drop into my decoy pattern and pick up a decoy and fly away with it. I ran out of the hide, screaming and shouting at it, and the bird dropped it a couple of hundred yards away.

Ironic thing was, there was real dead birds in the decoy pattern that I'd shot not long before.

Shows how convincing the decoys are.

Oh ,also, it was a shell decoy. Now I bet that surprised you.

In fact it's happened twice to me now.

trentotter,

Don't be concerned about Red Kites. Your local birds will soon work out that the kite is a savenger and no threat. Down here in the Chilterns numbers have increased steadily for the last 13 years at least. No shortage of woodies etc. We are over run with corvids (magpies and jackdaws) at the moment. Good garden sport.