Hi, newbie from Lincoln area

dan-250

Hi there guys, and maybe girls. I'm new here just saying hello, I have a bit of land (14acre garden)( maybe a chance for a few chaps every now and again) I can go shooting on as I've asked and had permission and te owner also said they would sign for a fac. I also have permission off the local farm Which is probably a few 1000 acres. Only just getting back into the shooting scene, used to do alot of target shooting but never really pest controlling. My dad has just got an aa s410 carbine with bipod and scope and it's an awesome piece of kit I can take the centre 6 mm ring off a target everytime from Around 25-30 yards length of my garden( it does have open fields behind I can see into plus it's also into a sand bag) Just wondering what gun is similar? Maybe a bit cheaper a pcp and that could be recommended for an all rounder, target and pigeons mainly. Read some post on here you all seem a good bunch and can probably point me in the right direction

Hi there guys, and maybe girls. I'm new here just saying hello, I have a bit of land (14acre garden)( maybe a chance for a few chaps every now and again) I can go shooting on as I've asked and had permission and te owner also said they would sign for a fac. I also have permission off the local farm Which is probably a few 1000 acres. Only just getting back into the shooting scene, used to do alot of target shooting but never really pest controlling. My dad has just got an aa s410 carbine with bipod and scope and it's an awesome piece of kit I can take the centre 6 mm ring off a target everytime from Around 25-30 yards length of my garden( it does have open fields behind I can see into plus it's also into a sand bag) Just wondering what gun is similar? Maybe a bit cheaper a pcp and that could be recommended for an all rounder, target and pigeons mainly. Read some post on here you all seem a good bunch and can probably point me in the right direction

i use a air arms tx 200 in .22 .relatively cheap and stupidly accurate

Hi there, another Lincs airgunner here.

I have a springer and unfortunately don't have a large area to practice but I mostly do a spot of ratting and clearing feral pigeons from farm buildings. I've got a permission to hunt woodies and rabbits but I need a little bit more practice first.

Anyway, welcome!

Cheers guys, thanks for the recommendation I'll be sure to check them out, what would you say a second hand 1 with a scope would cost, just so I don't get skanked in a shop or privately. Maybe I could up at some point if you had room for a fellow to come along, and come with me too. Always need handy hints and tips off more experienced

Hi there, another Lincs airgunner here.

I have a springer and unfortunately don't have a large area to practice but I mostly do a spot of ratting and clearing feral pigeons from farm buildings. I've got a permission to hunt woodies and rabbits but I need a little bit more practice first.

Anyway, welcome!

hiya m8. at minute ive only got a 10 yard range (hallway indoors)how ever im always on the look out for land

Cheers guys, thanks for the recommendation I'll be sure to check them out, what would you say a second hand 1 with a scope would cost, just so I don't get skanked in a shop or privately. Maybe I could up at some point if you had room for a fellow to come along, and come with me too. Always need handy hints and tips off more experienced

pay £250 for older 1 with say 3-9x 40 scope,or upwards of 300+ ,the skys your limit m8. mine came with jsr 6-24x 50,parallax adjustable dual illumination scope and leapers (accushot )one piece mount ,dont go for a two piece mount on a springer or you might learn the hard way as i did ,many moons ago ie ;springer = recoil+two piece mounts = constant rezeroing if using small scope.all my kit; rifle,scope ,mounts ,homeland case,and two tins of accupells(still on second tin ,ive had gun for 5 yrs now)came to £360 all in and all from jsr(j s rams bottom)just before vcr bill(violent crime reduction bill )came into effect.he was at time the cheapest mail order in country,have fun and shoot safe m8 .regards jay :good:

Hello I'm larry

I live up north in Warrington Cheshire,I'm a hardworking farmer got quiet a bit of land and run my own shoot

Aswell as looking after the farm.it can get a bit to much sometimes anyway

Hope I meet some great people on the forum and make new friends

I also like shooting clays and buyin days aswell this is how I pick up a few pointers to improve my shoot

For myself and other syndicate members so il be askin lots of questions along the way

Regards

Larry

I use the air arms s400, I'm not sure what their going for at the min but I'd imagin you would pick up a good condition 2nd hand one for £300 and a scope fror about £40 (Hawke 3x9 x 32 Sports Hd maybe) then as you save up you can add and additional kit as you want it logun bipod = £40 mulit shot magazine for s400 = £60 (made by Rowan Engineering) AA moderator = £40.

Welcome and good hunting.