Vehicle painting tips please.

CZ550Kevlar

Following on from previous threads i`m painting my White Daihatsu Terios with Matt green NATO paint bought from the bay as recommended by other members.

I have a mini foam roller with spare sleeves, got the paint, got wet and dry sandpaper, got loads of those colored sanding brillo pad things, got degreasing wipes and fluid and lastly got the blue masking tape.

Firstly am i missing anything and also does anyone have any tips or fool proof methods for painting??

it can be daunting to start, but just get out there with the scotchbrite pads and rub the shine off everything, remember to do panels that are inside car as well, door sills etc, I took the rubber strip off from around door openings so that it would give a better finish, remember to brush off and mud from inside arches of wheels, I slipped in this area and got dust/dirt on the roller, and then on the bodywork, but it add's to the look

remember, your not going to get a showroom finish, but mine has only had good remarks since I painted it,

also remember to do areas that you cant see, ie bottoms of doors, although not neccessary, if you dont, one day, someone WILL!! spot it and pull you up on it :good:

mine took 2 coats on the green, but only 1 on the black (if your doing black)

Image0526.jpg

I`m trying to find some black paint that is matt as i didn`t want to buy 2.5 litres of the stuff from the bay, anyone know of a Matt black suitable for cars? i was thinking blackboard paint?

WILKINSONS, sell there own brand blackboard paint, I bought half a litre for £6, and theres still half left in the tin :good: