Mitsubishi Pinnin

TaxiDriver

Have seen one of these local to me for sale for £1595

its on a 51 plate and is very clean/bright red 1.8GDi (which is a shame as I couldn't justify repainting it Nato Green)

just wondered if anyone here has one, has considered one, or Ran Away from one ?

Another little 4x4 I've seen on ebay is the Pajero Junior but these are only 1.1litre and are imports.

I believe it is actually the Jap domestic market version of what is sold here as the Pinnin

Edited by TaxiDriver

one one word **** father in law has one he's called me more than once to pull him out of a ditch if you want something small and cheap a vauxhall frontera sport 2.0 with the right mod will go anywhere a range rover can if you was a diesel make sure it has a lot of service history as they are a funny engine

I can only assume Rabid Dogs FIL either had the non difflock variety - or didn't use his difflock gearing.

Mine is absolutely brilliant everywhere I take it including seriously boggy fields but it has right good mud tyres on which my wifey no likey because they are noisy on tarmac. That noise is however very satisfying to a bloke who uses them.

Mines is a usefull shade of black and auto, note the very usefull door mirror layout.

I can only assume Rabid Dogs FIL either had the non difflock variety - or didn't use his difflock gearing.

Mine is absolutely brilliant everywhere I take it including seriously boggy fields but it has right good mud tyres on which my wifey no likey because they are noisy on tarmac. That noise is however very satisfying to a bloke who uses them.

Mines is a usefull shade of black and auto, note the very usefull door mirror layout.

the fil has jap inport not what i would of picked for a farm 4x4

the fil has jap inport not what i would of picked for a farm 4x4

Ah - yes well a Jap import probably hasn't been undersealed like a genuine UK one would have been and it's true it's not a farm vehicle by any means.

However, me being a Taxi driver (Galaxy) like wot the OP is, I find it ideally doubles as a shooting wagon for me - and runabout for the little wife who needed power steering and auto due to extensive arthritis. She wouldn't have wanted anything too big as her previous car was a Micra. The deal was it had to suit both of our needs so I got KL71 mud tyres put on it, and assisted my brother getting out of a boggy mess in his disco 3. :lol:

Well,

having been a die hard fan of the green oval for years and had LWB Series III 2.6 and an ex military Airportable and a 1972 LWB Station wagon and a Classic Rangerover I've now slipped over to the dark side :o

I've just bought a SWB Vitara Convertable locally for £580