Sending a gun to Southern Ireland

EMcC

Does anybody know the procedure for selling a shotgun to somebody in Cork, Southern Ireland.

I have been told it is easier to send it to an RFD in Northern Ireland and get him to send it down but that sounds a bit long winded.

Why can the guy not just fly over to Bristol and me sign it onto his SGC like normal?

Does anybody know the procedure for selling a shotgun to somebody in Cork, Southern Ireland.

I have been told it is easier to send it to an RFD in Northern Ireland and get him to send it down but that sounds a bit long winded.

Why can the guy not just fly over to Bristol and me sign it onto his SGC like normal?

Your easiest bet is to RFD it to whatever dealer he normally uses. That way the RFD imports the gun and then 'sells' it to the fella.

You can go the way you are wanting to go but it will be slightly more hassle. He can apply for his permit and at the same time send off to the DoJ (forms online) for the firearm import.

He will then get the permit and the import form, he will then need a visitor permit to hold the gun in the UK while in transit (but he can shoot it within the timeframe).

24 hours before you hand over the gun to him you have to send an export form to the home-office.

Once back in Ireland he will probab;y have to nip down to the Gards so they can check out serial numbers...

Now that I've typed it, it's not that difficult!

I have made contact with someone that has done this sort of thing in the past and it seems there are export and import licences involved as well as import permits and there may even be a transfer tax !!

I think my potential customer may have to think again.

Although, he has just e mailed me and suggested a flight over to Bristol on Wed 15th or Sun 19th just to look at it.

I don't suppose anybody has any land near Bristol Airport, somewhere that I could fire off a couple of shots just to let him know it works?

Edited by EMcC