Land Maps Of Farms and their Boundaries

Simon Roberts

Well knocking is the plan for the weekend. Would like advice on how to approach it? do you just knock and say "is there any chance of offering free pest control services?"

from your location it looks like its rabbits your after. knock, tell him/her, you have seen a few on there land, ask if you can sort em. if they say no.ask if you can call again in the near future. if they say yes, you have got em.be polite and friendly, and dont mutter.

I've been through this with my farmers. You can get a map showing field boundry detail anywhere ie OS website or local council, library, etc, but I think what you want is the more specific info of who owns which field. This is best obtained from the farmers themselves as it can change very often.

Edited by Malc

When I need to detail land I shoot for the police, I use the maps (1:10,000 scale) stored in the local archive which is attached to the reference library. The charge for photocopying is 50p per copy, which is cheaper than buying separate full size maps, if like me you shoot in different areas. Your local archive should have maps which detail field boundaries and should be open Saturday mornings.

Pat

Edited by Hairy Pat

You can check out the area using Google Earth.

I was using it to check out one of my permissions and I noticed a long lake on a neighbouring property that was funneling Roe through my permission since they had to go round one end or the other.

Nice :lol:

You can check out the area using Google Earth.

I was using it to check out one of my permissions and I noticed a long lake on a neighbouring property that was funneling Roe through my permission since they had to go round one end or the other.

Nice :oops:

I have been usgin google earthe and its really low res around my area ???