my first pump actiom

Jenners

Hi everyone, never made a submission before, but just thought I would share my shooting day with you. I bought a Hatsan Pump action shotgun last Thursday, not sure I was doing the right thing, as I have never used such a gun before, but as I’m now getting into pigeon shooting and didn’t want to keep taking my treasured Silver Pigeon 111 out in the field all the time, I thought this would be the best alternative.

I took it clay shooting today (Fair Clay Targets, Beeston. If you never been at this shoot, then you don’t know what your missing, 100 clays for £22, included is a buffet at the local pub). I was sure I would get a good ribbing from my shooting mates, things like, here comes 1 pigeon Geoff and he’s got a pump action, JESUS! Everyone run for it!

Quite the opposite, everyone one wanted to look at it and several wanted to shoot it. And here’s the best bit, I shot a 66, which, believe it for me, is my best score for months

Are pumps the done thing for clays? Ive just got my first gun (Huglu OU) and am enjoying missing lot of clays but I have to say I have always wanted a pump action shotty... not sure why but its one of those mechanical devices I feel I must own at least once in my life! Also I don't do any other type of shooting, just clays so cant say I have a real need for one...but I still want one.

Will people look at me like im some kind of loon down at the clay field? Promise I won't wear camo whilst using it!

Are pumps the done thing for clays? Ive just got my first gun (Huglu OU) and am enjoying missing lot of clays but I have to say I have always wanted a pump action shotty... not sure why but its one of those mechanical devices I feel I must own at least once in my life! Also I don't do any other type of shooting, just clays so cant say I have a real need for one...but I still want one.

Will people look at me like im some kind of loon down at the clay field? Promise I won't wear camo whilst using it!

go for it i have remington express its great fun,shoot quite well with it on clays some people are impressed with how well they shoot,frankly dont give a stuff what people think,done a23 on skeet last month so yes give it a go