in or out

roadkill

Another one for my new cocker ,

Im really not sure what to do in regaurds of having the dog sleep in the kitchen or out in the kennel.

I already have a house dog which is a staffy who is ok with the cocker but i wouldnt trust them left together . But i do also own a room divider which i could use in the house. I also have a cage for the cocker which she uses when she is in my car with the staffy ( both in the cage ) Maybe i could let her in when its the evening and let them out about 10ish to toilet then cage her for bed time then im up at 5.30ish in the morning in which she would be put outside in the pen ... Or do i leave her outside as she is and keep them seperate .

What i dont want to do is effect the dog in the training area by having her in the house and around the family ( is this asking for trouble ) do gundogs work just as well when living in a house as a pet dog but also doing training?

cheers roadkill sorry for so many questions

My dogs in - With 3 daughters i had no say in the matter!!

Do i think it's affected her? Maybe, but i have nothing else to compare her to. I think it's made her a little more rounded, sociable and pleasant definitely, plus i have a gundog and the family has (another) pet.

Only problem I ever had with having the dog in doors(which is for the evening, then back out to sleep) is every one tries to make the dog sit and come even if you ask them not to a thousand times. This can some times cause an issue for future training

lot of people say it makes a difference but i honestly dont know , even if i did,nt shoot or beat i,d still have dogs anyway , i do like them being around .

so they come in the lounge and lay by my feet for a few hours in the evening , so what i love em to bits ,gimme dogs over people any day :rolleyes:

my 3 sleep in utility over night and in the kennel/run during the day

myt lab ws outside form the day I got her,shes comes into the house but she knoes her place is the kennel,I feel they make a much better dog having there own space,also less mess less smell and you can go out when ever you like for however long your lioke and not have to worry about gewtting back to let the dog out,I also feel there condition is better having to hang on to there coat throughout winter,I gert commenst all the time on the condition of my dog i put it down to living outside,my pup also lives outside but then again I bred them in the kennel so shes used to it

Just wondering what people think about your dogs routine with kennels. By this I mean do you put them in and take them out at the same time every day including weekends or do you let the dog out when you want to/can do?

I never have a set routine as a dog gets used to it and can then be demanding,if you change exercise times around and even feeding times its keep them on there toes