Incredibly Cheap Vehicle Diagnostics Setup

Billy.

iPhone users only. ;) (There might be an App or two in the Android Marketplace, but that's not my bag at all)

There's an OBD-II port on eBay, which transmits data over WIFI. The cheapest cable/transmitter is around £60.

Go to the App Store and download 'DashCommand' for £29.99

Or 'CARbonga.' which will pick up the error codes a bit easier. £2.99 (A lot of faffing with the more expensive App)

These two will work on most cars and you needn't waste money on buying individual licences.

So £99 for vehicle diagnostics setup. Not bad.

Even better if you're jailbroken, as the DashCommand App is free for you - So that's a full setup for £60 :D

Hope this helps :good:

Edited by Billy.

iPhone users only. ;) (There might be an App or two in the Android Marketplace, but that's not my bag at all)

There's an OBD-II port on eBay, which transmits data over WIFI. The cheapest cable/transmitter is around £60.

Go to the App Store and download 'DashCommand' for £29.99

Or 'CARbonga.' which will pick up the error codes a bit easier. £2.99 (A lot of faffing with the more expensive App)

These two will work on most cars and you needn't waste money on buying individual licences.

So £99 for vehicle diagnostics setup. Not bad.

Even better if you're jailbroken, as the DashCommand App is free for you - So that's a full setup for £60 :D

Hope this helps :good:

I use an Android app called 'Torque' that does all this and more and it only costs about £12 too! Saved me a fortune already.. and no, I don't drive a landy (yet) :good: