Any thoughts on what the best scope for a HW97K is?

Maulrage

Hi all, just bought a Weihrauch HW97K MkII Thumbhole and I'm looking for advice on scopes for it, want something with quality build and good light gathering, any ideas? new to shooting and don't want to buy a dud now then have to buy another later, want the best now....

Hi Maulrage

Just got the same gun as you and I opted for a Hawke Sport HD IR 4-12x50 AO. It was a toss up between that and the Hawke Airmax EV, but I liked the idea of illuminated crosshairs. I'm dead chuffed with it - lets in loads of light and gives a nice big clear view. Make sure you stick on some decent mounts as well :yes:

Got mine and the mounts from the Gunshop at Ashby de la Zouch, where I also got my gun etc. They give excellent service, are dead friendly, and prices are VERY competitive (just a very satisfied customer - no other connection)

I'm running a Hawke 6-24X44 Varmint on my HW97KT at the minute and it's fantastic. The scope covers the loading port but I can still load quite comfortably. It's also never lost it's zero, given my rifle puts out 18ft/lbs. 24 mag is far too much though. 10X is more than enough :good: