pigeons

mahmood

hi guys iam having trouble with taking a pigeon down, i have no problems with crows or magpies i can get them down with one shot, but the pigeons i cant. I no that iam hitting them hard because i see a lot of feathers falling down when they get hit but they still fly off.

Well Iv got a 22 Air Arms s200 and I had the same problem I couldnt hit pigeons in the head because they kept moving them about and body shots went working. So I asked my mate and he recokend to take them broadside just were the wing joins on the brest. I tryed it and It worked I was shocked how quickley it killed. Pigeons seam quite fat as well that proberly makes it harder for the pellet to get through. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

The problem you are having has nothing to do with the power of your rifle.When you aim at the chest,you are probably shooting at the crop without realising it.Aim a little lower and they will drop stone dead. A full crop will deflect the pellets and behind it is the neck which is only a small target.Farmageddon

• 3 weeks later...