What you do in this situation?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the original post chrispti.

Your comment is entirely reasonable but not answering the original post. In YOUR scenario the shooter has accidentally dropped a few rounds - it happens. The finder knows who the shooter is and is able to approach them, nice.

Unfortunately the post is about an unknown shooter who appears to deliberately and irresponsible "throw away" unwanted ammunition, a repeat offender - not an honest mistake.

I do wish people would pay attention and stick to the point....

Terribly sorry sir :blink:

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt first, rather than make assumptions, and go tell the farmer.

Id want to introduce myself to him anyway, as I am now sharing his permission, then I would see what he has to say about the ammo (if its his)

If they were his and he knowingly left them, Id educate him :yes: if he continued to leave them lying about, THEN Id let Mr Giles know :good:

I'm with bakerboy, it would be good to make contact with the other shooters on the land if only to make sure you don't shoot on the same night, and this would be a good time to gauge what they are like and see if they are likely to cause you any problems, you don't want to loose the land. You can then make your mind up as to if you casually mention you found some live rounds to them or if the farmer needs to know, accidents do happen, and you did the right thing in collecting them but like Ian says I wouldn't have fired them unless you don't like you rifle,