whot silencer

thompson

i have a .22 spring loading rifle dose a silencer make mutch of a diferance and is it worth paying 60pounds or would ona at 40 pounds do the same job

thanks andrew. :hmm:

Andrew,

depends what noise your trying to get rid of. If the spring itself is quite noisy, then the silencer will do nothing. If you are trying to eliminate the noise from the discharge of air then yes it will have an effect. as for type, post your gun make and the types you are looking at and I am sure some one will be able to offer advice. :good:

i'v got a cometa mod 300 .22 what silencer's do u think would be best :good:

With a sprung air rifle the majority of the noise is from the release of the spring when it 'clongs' about, doubtful that a silencer is gonna make a noticeable difference to the overall noise level.

Actually the shooter hears more internal noise that makes the silencer seem less effective stand 10 ft away and hear someone shoot a good springer with and without one and i bet you hear the difference then :good:

The trouble with a springer is that a big part of the firing cycle is right next to your ear when you shoot. As Kent said, if you can stand down range where your quarry would be and get someone else to shoot past you then it's much different. :yes: