Theoben Rapid leaking while on gun!

yankeedoodlepigeon

Hi All.

I did a fair amount of searching and found that thebuddy bottles always leak while off the gun but my buddy bottle is leaking while on the gun and got worse over the last few days.

I have many O rings as it goes through a lot of these but no matter how new the seal is it still leaks.

Could it be a problem inside the gun or can a better valve or seal be bought? Thanks

Hi All.

I did a fair amount of searching and found that thebuddy bottles always leak while off the gun but my buddy bottle is leaking while on the gun and got worse over the last few days.

I have many O rings as it goes through a lot of these but no matter how new the seal is it still leaks.

Could it be a problem inside the gun or can a better valve or seal be bought? Thanks

Hi there I do the full seal kit for the rapid 7 with instructions how to strip and service all rapids. sound like it needs a service.

Any bit of hair,crud or grit will make your Rapid leak.My Rapid 17 did leak when the bottle was connected to the action.I simply took the bottle off,wiped the inside where the bottle meets the male part of the valve and noticed a bit of hair and dried grease.That removed I put a brand new O-ring on the bottle along with Molycote grease and no leak at all then.

Hope this helps you.

ATB.

Hi Thanks for the help. My friend has sorted me out with a full seal kit so hoping that will sort it.

I have a picture of my filling adaptor sweems everytime I fill up it blows a seal(insert joke here)

would it help if I took it to get a lathe to hollow out a few mm so the o ring from the buddy bottle will fit in a lip and not pop out every fill. If i tighten it too much it crushes the seal. Thanks

post-22337-0-38680700-1310734963.jpg

Hi Thanks for the help. My friend has sorted me out with a full seal kit so hoping that will sort it.

I have a picture of my filling adaptor sweems everytime I fill up it blows a seal(insert joke here)

would it help if I took it to get a lathe to hollow out a few mm so the o ring from the buddy bottle will fit in a lip and not pop out every fill. If i tighten it too much it crushes the seal. Thanks

this is the one you want, you dont blow o rings with this as it has a delrin washer inside. you can get this from theoben, or put a delrin washer inside yours :good:

this is the one you want, you dont blow o rings with this as it has a delrin washer inside. you can get this from theoben, or put a delrin washer inside yours :good:

pm me your address and tel number, and i will send you a new adapter from theoben free of charge then you will have no more problems.

best regards joe. :good:

hi, you will find that your buddy bottle will not go right in up to the o ring on this adapter, this is because the adapter has a delrin washer in the bottom, it will also stop you from crushing the buddy bottle o ring when you refill. atb joe. :smartass:

hi, have you received the adapter, i hope it is what you wanted. atb joe. :good:

Hi Joe.

Thanks very much. I got the adaptor and delrin washer and it works a treat. I did send you a pm to thank you and let you know that it had arrived but it would not let me reply to your message only send a new one.(so thats what i did) Well off to get dive bottle filled up as it should last me a long time now it won't leak out. :good:

• 2 years later...

Hi there, I have changed all of the seals inside my Rapid recently with a correct seal kit from Theoben and also the flat hard plastic like seal on the top of my bottle and it still continues to leak, I'm an engineer for Rolls Royce as a maintenance engineer so am familiar with engineering tasks and fitting seals ect..... I've seen mentioned that a bottle adapter with a delrin washer installed solves this, as supplied to another member in this post by a member called "BLACK GUN" do you make these or are they an actual part that can be brought? If so could I possibly purchase one from you as it's now getting that I'm running out of ideas!! Please feel free to contact me back on any of the following details:

Thanks a lot. Matt M :-)