Equipment

tjsc

:hmm:

Hi All

Need a little help/advice on getting some equipment. Just wondering if any of you have paid big bucks on top names and its been ****. I'll be ordering a Browning in the next few days. Do you really need 'named' gear? (apart from a good shotgun).

1. Cleaning/lubricating oils, tools, mats.

2. Skeet/clay vest.

3. Gunslip (26 inch barrels).

4. Cartridge bag, or would a rucksack be ok.

Recommend any website/shop (in London/Herts area). Anything else I may of forgotten.

Many thanks

Terry

No matter what you shoot,you'll need cleaning solutions etc and your shop will stock all the best sellers;Napier,Hoppes etc.Any of them will do.Don't buy cleaning patches;a sheet of kitchen roll wrapped around your jag will fit snuggly down a 12 bore barrel.

If you're into clays then you could buy a skeet vest,but personally I think they're vastly overpriced for what they are.I shot clays in a tweed shooting waistcoat which doesn't look out of place on a game shoot(a top Scottish shot on one of our game shoots last season drew various comments when he turned up in his Browning vest,shooting gloves,trendy shades and Browning cap last season).

I would personally buy a longer slip than 26",you'll buy another gun sometime and if ti has longer barrels you're gonna need another slip,but you'll accumulate all sorts of gear as a shooter so again it's your choice.

Cartridge bag is a good idea especially if you're going to shoot game also,cartridge belts can put really nasty grooves in your guns woodwork if you're not careful.

Have fun. :good:

have a look on ebay some real bargains on there.I only use a skeet jacket for clays.If you go to gun shop the should be able to sell you a cleaning kit.Hope your ok.Maybe see you killing some clays at ricks soon

:hmm:

Hi All

Need a little help/advice on getting some equipment. Just wondering if any of you have paid big bucks on top names and its been ****. I'll be ordering a Browning in the next few days. Do you really need 'named' gear? (apart from a good shotgun).

1. Cleaning/lubricating oils, tools, mats.

2. Skeet/clay vest.

3. Gunslip (26 inch barrels).

4. Cartridge bag, or would a rucksack be ok.

Recommend any website/shop (in London/Herts area). Anything else I may of forgotten.

Many thanks

Terry

Trouble with cartridge bags is they dont hold enough for a decent pigeon day,I brought a small hard bottom bag from aldi for 8 quid its brilliant holds 300+ cartridges has pockets for my multi tool a knife etc a top zipped pocket that my choke tube fits in and a well padded shoulder strap been going strong for over 5 years now !