World FITASC Sporting...........................

Catamong

Cat, I am amazed at how well subscribed the event was.

What was the body / organisation behind it and how does it all hang together - is there a World organisation that then calls down to individual Country based organisations? Also, is this event off the back of word of mouth, internet or press based advertising and marketing.

Either way, for a 4 day event that would have required significant travel, accomodation and entry costs it sure has packed them in.

Also, given the number of entrants and the finite number of winners and prizes, I guess that the main draw is not a prize.

Interesting.

Did you catch sight of a CPSA tent? :lol:

Obviously I would have gone but the Perazzi barrel sticker I ordered for my Mossberg Pump didn't arrive in time.

The shoot was organised by FITASC, based in Paris, take a look at their website, (click on the Union Jack if you don't "Parlez Francais").

www.fitasc.info

It does cost a lot of money to get there, shoot the event, pay for hotels etc, and there are no cash or article prizes, (at least at this shoot there weren't)

In order to enter shoots run by FITASC, you have to a member of your Country's governing body, in this case the CPSA, so the CPSA wouldn't get many sign ups from the crowd there.

People enter these events also to gain points for World Rankings and points towards a "World Cup" event that runs alongside each event.

Philr knows much more than me about all this, perhaps he can add something?

Cat.