New permission today and after some advice

triscrx

Have been asked to sort out a pest Fox on a Chicken farm today. Not alot of land approx 12 acres but nice to gain another permission. basically the lady has had a Fox regularly paying the chickens a visit and he is becoming quite a pest now and she believes it/they are taking a couple a day.

It has been seen a number of times watching the chickens in the day and even been seen jumping over a stable door to gain access to easy pickings inside.

photo-151.jpg

photo-152.jpg

:blink:

Lots of chickens there and a herd of mixed colored alpacas! 1st time I had seen anything like it today.

photo-153.jpg

On walking the boundaries I did not see any Fox but plenty of deep holes in the woods and there is clearly a large rabbit population as well so Mr Fox is onto something good and will be keen to keep an eye on this property I reckon. And top tips for what to look out for when trying to find where they are coming from etc. Just looked like large rabbit holes to me today. I know Foxs are creatures of habit but she did not have any accurate timings for them as they are fairly regular. Be nice to put an end to the chickens misery there. She lost about 15 last week.

Many thanks in advance

Tris

Edited by triscrx

You can use the method on the link that Yankeedoodlepigeon has put up but it also helps if you know what you are looking for to start with so to really help you out it might be easier for us if I know how much experience you have with foxing mate!

If you are a novice at foxing at foxing I will try to do a video in the very near future directed at novices to help them to recognise what they should be looking for! Observation (In my opinion) is the key to this successful foxing!

If you are want you can PM me and I will do my best to help you out mate!