SPEED CAMERAS

william

The trouble is (and this is where I sound a little contradictive) that alot of road users are idiots. Speed restrictions are put in place to enforce punishment on those who flounder it. In the hope that some good will come of it.

Unfortunately, its a catch 22 situation. The law has been left for too long and the general road populas drive to a mentality created by old laws and todays society.

Modern cars are faster, safer and stop quicker the Law does need changing. Buit the question is as Snakebite mentions, will people just drive even faster?

I think the best course of action is to raise the speed limit to 80mph with restrictions to 70mph when its raining. This works very well in France. In addition, harsher sentence could then be enforced for people who decide that this is still not fast enough. It seems the fairest solution and in time people will get used to it. Other issues such as large vehicles in the fast lane, people not keeping left etc should also be addressed.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who cuts out and scrapes up the bits,I don`t mind if you speed as you keep me in a job :good:

No wonder you wear that Lecteresque mask.................nice bit of raw liver !!!!

:unsure: :blink: :oops:

Truth of it is that we live in a country where everything has to be dumbed down to allow everyone to get involved. The ***** that don't pay attention are the causes of most accidents. Tell me how the hand held mobile phone to the left of the steering wheel and the note pad and pen to the right works then ??

I've driven and ridden many thousands of miles and love to get out of this country on the bikes to enjoy a less anal attitude to speeding. At least most foreign countries see it as the revenue raiser it is and just take your money. In Spain you get a tarriff depending on speed above the limit.

I've ridden bikes 2 up fully luggaged down the Autobahn at 140mph and not felt at all compromised, most of the time cruising at a leisurely 100mph, can't say the same about the M1 as its riddled with total ********* who won't drive in the correct lane, don't indicate, allow themselves to be distracted by all manner of non essential hobbies and generally don't pay attention. Many have no anticipation of what is going on around them, no ability to judge speed and distance and in honesty shouldn't be on the road.

Exceed the speed limit and you get an automatic penalty, on the other hand you can cause an actual accident through total stupidity and not even get a fine let alone points on your licence. It doesn't add up in anything other than a dictatorial society, or am I missing something :D

Open speed limit on motorways and all the tossers who currently get away with playing with their in car toys and generally not paying attention would be ********* themselves. 50% less traffic over night as the doddery old ***** driving at 45mph stuck in the middle lane would not go near it.

Sorry Snakebite but I just dont agree. Ignorant drivers are ignorant and cause the problems full stop.

Speed cameras actually cause accidents

People know where they are and slam on the breaks

AXE

PLEASE LISTEN TO YOURSELF.

A pole on the side of the road with a yellow box on top DOSE NOT CAUSE ACCIDENTS, it is the actions of a driver going over the speed limit trying not to get a ticket that cause the accidents.

Some one posted earlyer about you shouldn't have to keep cheaking your speedo as this is dangerous.

Any good drive can look at the speedo safly & regularly.

The Ignorant drivers are those that think speed dont kill & they should be able to drive at the speed they think is safe, & you all prove the point that the Goverment need to take this action to punish you Ignorant drivers that think you know better & continue to ABUSE YOUR LICENCE & PUT OTHER ROAD USERS LIFES AT RISKS.

As i said before if you dont want to go by the rules HAND IN YOUR LICENCES & STOP YOUR CRYING LIKE BIG BABYS

Sorry but i cant be bothered to read anymore posts on this subject as the Ignorent think they are right & there ain't no getting threw.

BUT

YOU CAN HAVE THE LAST WORD

I CAN HAVE THE LAST LAUGH

12 POINTS & BACK GOES YOUR LICENCE

SPEED CAMARAS RULE.

& no i will not be reading any more on this post.

THE PELT MAN

I don't think you read my posts correctly :good: but nevermind. One things for sure, things arent going to change no matter what views you or I have. The long and the short of it, is that the law is the law and needs to be accepted.

Having recently been caught for speeding recently, its a touchy subject for me. I don't have a problem with speed restrictions especially in town, but motorways could be raised to 80mph quite safely and should be.

Remember, its just my opinion. :unsure:

Having recently been caught for speeding recently,

OOOOOOOOOPPSS I didn't know that! Was it camera or traffic cop?

It was a Traffic Cop out on an empty motorway at 4:30 in the afternoon. I wouldnt have been mind if he had been in clear vision but he was layed up just round a corner. But I only have myself to blame :good:

I think the best course of action is to raise the speed limit to 80mph with restrictions to 70mph when its raining. This works very well in France. In addition, harsher sentence could then be enforced for people who decide that this is still not fast enough. It seems the fairest solution and in time people will get used to it. Other issues such as large vehicles in the fast lane, people not keeping left etc should also be addressed.

Completely agree with axe here. 70mph speed limits were introduced when normal production cars were much less able to travel at high speeds. Everything else has kept up with technology. Remember when pubs were open between 11 and 3 and 6 and 11 because the whole country would be drunk in the afternoon if they didn't close? Now we have 24 hour drinking and the majority of people make it back to work after lunch even though the pub is still open. Speed limits should move with the times as well. My BMW is far safer at 80mph than some 70's cortina was at 50mph.

Completely agree with axe here. 70mph speed limits were introduced when normal production cars were much less able to travel at high speeds. Everything else has kept up with technology. Remember when pubs were open between 11 and 3 and 6 and 11 because the whole country would be drunk in the afternoon if they didn't close? Now we have 24 hour drinking and the majority of people make it back to work after lunch even though the pub is still open. Speed limits should move with the times as well. My BMW is far safer at 80mph than some 70's cortina was at 50mph.

Stone the heretic !!!!! Blanket 20mph speed limit nation wide then I can use my coffee making machine and wide screen **** nav in the car. :good: :unsure: :blink: