2011 L200 Opinions

SteveoM

I've an older one but regularly drive my mates new shape and they are very easy to get used to. Shooting wise and if you have dogs they are great not the most refined but not bad at all. Couple that with cheap road tax and reasonable economy you can't go far wrong, yes they are slower and less economical than a car but compared to the equivalent shogun they are pretty similar just cost less to run

got the barbarian, love it, drive it rd the city all the time and feels like im in a nice car and it does the stuff off road for me too ( i avoid that) loads of space in back for dog etc

downsides

the kenwood system in it is **** and hard to use

u cant use the tv without buying an attidional digital reciever

the paitwork scratches PROPER easy

still i rate the car on the whole

• 2 weeks later...

I have had an L200 Barbarian since April 2010 when they first came out. I looked at all the other pickups and the spec of this model is far better than the rest.

I have done about 20k in it and not had a problem. We have 2 horses I regularly tow; pulls no problem. The stereo/sat nav unit I actually think is really good; just not the easiest to get to grips with at first. The handsfree is very good. My only real gripe is the interior plastics are typical japanese and scratch real easy.

Since new I have also bought a hard top and load liner which makes it more practical; I would def have another one, the only other thing I would consider instead is the VW Amarok when it eventually arrives.