DEAD DUCKS

Went up the shoot to check traps and snares tonight, At the pond I found two ducklings about 8 weeks old dead on the foot path through the bracken which encircles the pond, one had its head missing, the other had its head and both wings missing.

We have a stink pit 50yds from where they were, its caught nothing all year, we`ve had the hounds through the wood (300 acres) they never stopped on any workings, there is no smell of fox anywhere, the pond has a small feeder stream in and out.

Has anyone got any ideas what may have killed these ducks, what gets me is the breasts weren`t touched just the heads and wings??

look forward to your relies gentlemen

birds small ones like tawny and spuggy take the head off and eat into the neck,

but ducks i will say otter (mainly because we have a big dog otter thats killed over 200 ducks in the last 4 days!!!) they do the oddest things like chew the beak off live ducks! and eat the parsons nose off them eather live or dead?!

birds small ones like tawny and spuggy take the head off and eat into the neck,

but ducks i will say otter (mainly because we have a big dog otter thats killed over 200 ducks in the last 4 days!!!) they do the oddest things like chew the beak off live ducks! and eat the parsons nose off them eather live or dead?!

[/quote

Never knew that. 200 in 4 days is unreal. You'll be posting up pictures of your new fur hat then soon I suppose. :lol: