Does anyone own a panasonic GT30 plasma TV?

Dr W

As per title I'm thinking of buying one of these bad boys but not sure if a couple of issues with them is enough to put me off and whether a £700-£800 TV would basically be just as good as one costing £1,150.

Can't make my mind up at all and have to decide by Sunday as that's when the free 3D glasses deal ends.

i have a panasonic viera 42" plasma,now 3 years old and the picture is amazing,the best i could find at the time.

it does have one prob,you have probs hdmi leads cut out other functions,put the wii in and it switches sky off......or what ever the technical terms are :hmm:

picture = 10 out of 10 :good:

i have a panasonic viera 42" plasma,now 3 years old and the picture is amazing,the best i could find at the time.

it does have one prob,you have probs hdmi leads cut out other functions,put the wii in and it switches sky off......or what ever the technical terms are :hmm:

picture = 10 out of 10 :good:

Turn HDMI control/Veira link off!

Do what I'm doing wait a bit longer till the 3D tvs without glasses comes out for the bigger models they have already cracked it in smaller tvs :good:

Really I wasn't aware of that, when is that likely to be next year,year after? Could be waiting a long time.

Decided I'm going to wait anyway, the bugs being talked about , although minor, would probably have annoyed especially after forking out £1,200 for what was suppoosed to be my dream TV.

Thought if I wait till next year then they'll hopefully have ironed any bugs also Panasonic might do the 46" in the VT range which looked awesome in the store.

Edited by Dr W

Thanks Dave

Unfortunately AV Forums was the root of my problems as I researched the TV to death and found a number of issues reported with this TV and I wanted to know if this was a big issue or one that most people wouldn't notice unless you were a TV geek.

Going to wait till next year and hope everything has been resolved by then.

Cheers

Dr.

Have to admit AV did my head - in end I went for one with more good write up's -- I never watch TV in total darkness so never notice if blacks are black - never noticed dead pixals - or blurring or any thing that's discussed - Do have a LED not Plasma but Panasonic seem to be the guys to beat - although my mate is a Samsung man and have to say his picture always looks crisp and clear - if you have problems get then in or take it back.

Are you a TV Geek - if answer is no go for it.

Dave

ps mine is Sony LED or is it LCD the older version - LCD isn't it.