two deer

sully7s

we set off for a bit of stalking 6pm to a spot where we know the red run,

so we checked tracks are still getting used and sat down wind so settled in to the hedge, after a hour or so came back over the hedge to see if there deer where coming down over the valley we where lied in long grass watching a big hind, when matt says there is a massive buck just 15yrds away from us not knowing what we are was sniffing then started to grunt at us,

harry moved back to are spot and the the buck had ran and stopped about 80yrds away broad side then bang deer down,

then up then down again,

so we went over to find deer could not see him at all but found nice bit of lung and lots of blood so he was not far away, we found a blood trail to hedge and no deer and after 15 mins found deer must of had jast jump and left no trail and was just in bracken.

so matt gutted him out, could still see red so went back to are spot and half hour later spotted a pricket came in to field bang another nice shot to heart and a little truffle shuffle then down, 2 deer just before dark ideal top shooting boys

post-28690-0-53499200-1312268457.jpg

same as steve i would be over the moon with that head cracking beast.

i have only ever shot roe and munty what is the meet like on reds??

well done a top stalk

cheers he wasa very nice buck, meat is very nice but i the only one that will eat the meat in my house lol ahhhh poor thing :D