243?

sully7s

Depends how deep your pockets are, I wanted a tikka but a bit expensive for me so I got myself a savage edge £400 new, but by the time you've added a decent scope, bipod, sound mod your looking at around a grand. Very impressed with the gun. :good:

was that threaded for £400 was it? yeah sound mods not cheap at all and scope, i have brought a cz455 thumbhole and mod cant wait to get it from shop.

cheers 4reply

I'd highly recommend a Tikka T3!I got a T3 in .22-250 calibre and it's a superb rifle-very accurate and super smooth cocking makes this rifle a quality piece of kit!You won't go wrong if you buy a Tikka T3!!

i do like the tikka they are very nice and read good things about them

Browning A-Bolt represents very good value for money at the moment (under £500 with a screwcut), as the price has been reduced due to the X-Bolt coming out.

Personally I think the A-Bolt has the best loading system out there, box magazine with a floor plate - best of both worlds.

Ditto on the Tikka T3!!!

I have T3 in .308 with a meopta scope and wildcat mod. Very accuracte and rugged. Last year, while stalking, coming down a hill with rifle slung over my shoulder - I fell backwards, right on to the gun and scope. We all got muddy and banged up the rifle and scope pretty good. Abandoned the stalk to check the ZERO. And it was still spot on at 100 meters.

Browning A-Bolt represents very good value for money at the moment (under £500 with a screwcut), as the price has been reduced due to the X-Bolt coming out.

Personally I think the A-Bolt has the best loading system out there, box magazine with a floor plate - best of both worlds.

cheers for info grouping ment to be very good on these to, will see how prices change when ticket comes

Hiya, I upgraded to a .243 from a .222, and dont regret it one bit...I bought a Remington 700sps with an almost new T8 Mod, c/w rings and in very good nick from Wabbitbosher on here,coupled to a Meopta 6x42 scope from a mate....added my own bipod and sling, and away I went... you could do worse than get in touch with Wabbitbosher ( Mick Volkes)..total cost was wayyyy under £500...:)

Ammo is £15 a box, so cheap as chips there too...:)

Pic was taken before I got the 25mm rings for the gun...:)

IMG_8078.jpg

A mate has a CZ .243, and it's a lovely gun too...:)

Good luck whatever you get...

Edited by Norrie

Hiya, I upgraded to a .243 from a .222, and dont regret it one bit...I bought a Remington 700sps with an almost new T8 Mod, c/w rings and in very good nick from Wabbitbosher on here,coupled to a Meopta 6x42 scope from a mate....added my own bipod and sling, and away I went... you could do worse than get in touch with Wabbitbosher ( Mick Volkes)..total cost was wayyyy under £500...:)

IMG_8078.jpg

very nice and for under £500 what a bargain, i been looking at them at sportsman today very nice gun, what cz does ur mate have 601 or 550?

cheers for reply :good: u lucky sod hope o get a bargain

IMG_8078.jpg

is that 9" x 13" bipod as i was looking at getting that size as i seem to struggle using frieds at 6" its to low, how are you finding that size lol sorry for a questions just dont want to waste cash :no:

Hiya, My mates is the CZ 550, I'll get him to look at the thread when he gets off shift tomorrow...but it really is a nice gun..:) think that was about £450....;)

The Bipod is an Edgar Bros 9-13in, got it off here for about £35.... I took it off my old .222, I find it good for lying in the grass, the 6-9 is really a target bipod, and too small (IMHO) for CF guns...:)

Get in touch with Mick, I've bought a few guns off him, and cannot praise him enough..I bought a 17HMR along with the Renmmy and IMHO, got two guns at bargain prices..:)

I can PM you his details if you want??

Wee Edit, This is the .243 as of 5 mins ago...:) It's actually lighter that my mates CZ550, probs coz its a synthetic...you can also add a million different tuning parts to it...BTW, the bipod is swivel/tilt..:) Meant to say, it's got a stainless steel barrel, coupled with the synth stock, no worries in the rain as long as you dry it off and a wipe of an oily rag when you get back to the car....:)

wabbit2.jpg

And the HMR, I know you didnt ask about them, but I see you are after one ...I got a CZ Silhouette from Wabbitbosher,it's a 2008 gun...shoots pefect ...got the Silhouette as I have a .22 rimmy the same, again no probs with rain.....:)

All this needs is a bipod..:)

wabbit3.jpg

Edited by Norrie

Sorry, i don't like the T3 they are way too expensive for what they are, lots of plasic bits. The 595 was a better gun by far but that got cheaper made till they could cheapen it no more and so made the T3- Oh thats cheaper to Tikka Dearer to you :rolleyes:

Remmington likewise, used to be good cheap guns you could always get to shoot with lots of after market bits etc. The only new budjet rifles i should look at new today are CZ (they aint forgotten metal beats plasic on gun parts yet) Also i have never come across a CZ that was mecanically incapable of shooting bug holes from the box.

Other than that its the second hand route, watch out .243" do barrels quickly :good:

Hiya, My mates is the CZ 550, I'll get him to look at the thread when he gets off shift tomorrow...but it really is a nice gun..:) think that was about £450....;)

The Bipod is an Edgar Bros 9-13in, got it off here for about £35.... I took it off my old .222, I find it good for lying in the grass, the 6-9 is really a target bipod, and too small (IMHO) for CF guns...:)

Get in touch with Mick, I've bought a few guns off him, and cannot praise him enough..I bought a 17HMR along with the Renmmy and IMHO, got two guns at bargain prices..:)

I can PM you his details if you want??

Wee Edit, This is the .243 as of 5 mins ago...:) It's actually lighter that my mates CZ550, probs coz its a synthetic...you can also add a million different tuning parts to it...BTW, the bipod is swivel/tilt..:) Meant to say, it's got a stainless steel barrel, coupled with the synth stock, no worries in the rain as long as you dry it off and a wipe of an oily rag when you get back to the car....:)

wabbit2.jpg

And the HMR, I know you didnt ask about them, but I see you are after one ...I got a CZ Silhouette from Wabbitbosher,it's a 2008 gun...shoots pefect ...got the Silhouette as I have a .22 rimmy the same, again no probs with rain.....:)

All this needs is a bipod..:)

wabbit3.jpg

very nice guns you got there and if u will pm to keep a look out for me that will be great, i have already brought a 17 hmr its the cz455 thumbhole its very nice brought mod got sweet 17 scope for it to and sticks sling its just bipod next will get that when pick it up from gun shop and ammo, cheers for all info very much needed before i buy 243

Sorry, i don't like the T3 they are way too expensive for what they are, lots of plasic bits. The 595 was a better gun by far but that got cheaper made till they could cheapen it no more and so made the T3- Oh thats cheaper to Tikka Dearer to you :rolleyes:

Remmington likewise, used to be good cheap guns you could always get to shoot with lots of after market bits etc. The only new budjet rifles i should look at new today are CZ (they aint forgotten metal beats plasic on gun parts yet) Also i have never come across a CZ that was mecanically incapable of shooting bug holes from the box.

Other than that its the second hand route, watch out .243" do barrels quickly :good:

cheers for u post i will be having a good look at cz as just brought the 455 thumbhole in 17,

A tikka T3 might have lots of plastic parts ( stock, magazine, magazine release button) but it's a quality gun which does what it's supposed to at a reasonable price. When you have a company like sako behind them they wouldn't dare spit out tatty rifles.

I think you might find tikka t3's are the most popular (if not in the top 2) C/F rifles in the uk for a reason.

To the OP. I would suggest you spend all your money on 3 items. Scope, mounts, rifle. You can add bipod, sling, moderator, decals as you get the money. Many people rub a C/F fine without a mod and are happy.

Edited by markm

A tikka T3 might have lots of plastic parts ( stock, magazine, magazine release button) but it's a quality gun which does what it's supposed to at a reasonable price. When you have a company like sako behind them they wouldn't dare spit out tatty rifles.

I think you might find tikka t3's are the most popular (if not in the top 2) C/F rifles in the uk for a reason.

To the OP. I would suggest you spend all your money on 3 items. Scope, mounts, rifle. You can add bipod, sling, moderator, decals as you get the money. Many people rub a C/F fine without a mod and are happy.

yeah thats what im going to be doing instead of spending to much cash in one go, mod can wait for bit,

i have got a schmidt bender scope lined up ready at good price and will pay out for good mounts as i read alot about people grouping not good and thats what it ends up being, :good:

But Sako are not behind them Berretta are owners of them both, this meant they could cut Sako stds at same time and loose little in the way of sales and Hit two different price brands. Previously Tikka was becoming a real threat to Sako sales as two independant competitors but competition makes for fine guns and keen prices to the end user, the Italians removed that and started lining thier pockets IMO.