first ton up

aauser

last friday i shot my first ton plus .these was shot over barley stubble,with six full body decoys 14 shells and hypa flaps on the rotator ,my shooting partner had been watching the field and knew it was a goer,although when we arrived it didnt look too exiting,but after watching for half an hour i saw a really strong flight line moving along a tree line on the edge of the wood ,so decided to set up just passed where the birds broke out over the wood and this was perfect .right from the off they were desperate to look at the pattern,wich presented me with some great high shots,and good straight inns.it was such a brill day with four or five doubles and two with one shots. set up by 1200 and finished at 1830 .these days make up for long cold winters days protecting crops dont you think!.any way ended the day with 107 picked and 7 or 8 lost to the wood also 7 blacks.shooting a ton has been a bit of a milestone for me and now its done ime made up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!