Dual-species rotary

Ferret Master

Hello!

I'm sure it's been covered somewhere before, but I was wondering has anybody used a crow or rook on a magnet alongside a pigeon on the other arm and pulled in both species successfully?

I would be using a pattern of pigeon decoys and adding any blackies to a seperate pattern the other side of the rotary.

Reckon this would work or do people have past experience of both species being spooked by this? The field in question supposedly has both pigeons and rooks feeding but I have been unable to reccy it yet. I rather suspect it may have an adverse effect on the pigeon and the black stuff may not be overly confident but that doesn't seem to stop blackies coming into a pattern of pigeons for a nosey...

Your thoughts please. :good:

FM :)

Today was slow but I gave it a go regardless. :good:

Shot a crow after I had shot 3 or 4 pigeon and swapped it with a pigeon on the rotary. The pigeon carried on coming in just as confidently, if not more confidently than before. The rooks had cleared off so all I had to pull in was the local crow population but it pulled in another bird which floated and stalled directly above the rotary before crashing to the ground. :good:

More experimentation required without a doubt on a day with more birds about but it didn't seem to put the pigeons off.

FM :)