lamps or night vision

northeastshooter

Some areas i also use my lamp for the scanning esp when driving around the fields on back of a pickup with the keeper..as soon as we see eyes we go to NV and start calling..works a treat esp on them lamp shy foxes certainly doubles my fox count..but if 1st time buying then if you can have a look at what others are using and try get hands on..nothing worse than splashing money out on something thats a waste.

Mick

iv been fancying a night vision scope for awhile (boys and there toy) is there any benifit? i have a few guns so not bothered about losing one for night shooting only and can see the benifit of not lighting the feild up even with filters on. but are they worth the price ??

Hi Northeast, the benifits are rabbits feed mainly at night

lamping works for a while, but night vision works better , if you buy a night vision addon monocular

such as the Cobra /merlin this fits on the back of your normal day scope and does not tie up your gun

there are a couple for sale on here the best scope for this would be the MTC Mamba Lite , ifr you need any info pls pm me.

regds brian

For 70 quid it wont be anywhere near as good as gen 2+ or better gen 3 for that price must be gen 1 just dont let this if its not what you expect put you off..Nv when or if you get into it,the really good stuff is not cheap but certainly does let you see in the dark find someone who has gen2 or 3 so then you can see what the big difference is..looking at a few grand for a good gen 3 scope..but well worth it in the end.

Mick

Edited by barrelsniffer

I've dabbled in and back out of NV a couple of times over thew past few years and felt all the better for getting back to lamping. Ok you get a few that scarper before you can take the shot but they'll be there for you next time and if you did'nt shoot they'll wait a bit longer. :yes:

I am currently getting a modular set up going with IR floodlights on the 4x4 roof, a dash cam and riflescope cam, viewing it all on a dash mounted monitor/recorder. About half way there at the moment and should be up and running when the clocks change perhaps.

Do you know anything about the digital stuff an how that compares? Heard the n550 pulsar compares well too gen2

Hi Ellebarto, i use the N55o pulsar nv scope on my 22lr rimfire

it works very well i can see with the N1000 ir laser bunnies out to 100yds +

though my shooting range is from 30------90 yds, i also use a n550 pulsar on my fac

.177 airgun for large garden and paddocks where i cannot use a rimfire

the pulsar is an excellent piece of gear and works well for me.

atb brian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ellebarto, i use the N55o pulsar nv scope on my 22lr rimfire

it works very well i can see with the N1000 ir laser bunnies out to 100yds +

though my shooting range is from 30------90 yds, i also use a n550 pulsar on my fac

.177 airgun for large garden and paddocks where i cannot use a rimfire

the pulsar is an excellent piece of gear and works well for me.

atb brian

Ive tried to PM you about this mate but it says you dont receive PM?

Just wanted to ask you a few other things!