Razor Clam

Brown Sauce

easiest way is to arrive on beach around an hour n half before low on big tides,walk back wards looking at ground ,you will see holes apear and squirts of water jump out,some will be clams some will be razors(depending on beach your on i suppose),take plenty of salt,a jug,and a 2 litre pop bottle.cut hole in lid of bottle,insert nozzle of a silicone tube and glue into place.fill bottle about 3 inches deep of salt with jug ,swill ,fill rest of bottle with sea water and shake. now do your walking and stick nozzle down hole and squirt a bit of water down when it appears.keep walking and do a few till theres a few laying on beach,pick up put in bucket and just keep going.i went twice last week,had 279 first day and 362 second day,cracking cod baits in winter,dont eat them myself.

easiest way is to arrive on beach around an hour n half before low on big tides,walk back wards looking at ground ,you will see holes apear and squirts of water jump out,some will be clams some will be razors(depending on beach your on i suppose),take plenty of salt,a jug,and a 2 litre pop bottle.cut hole in lid of bottle,insert nozzle of a silicone tube and glue into place.fill bottle about 3 inches deep of salt with jug ,swill ,fill rest of bottle with sea water and shake. now do your walking and stick nozzle down hole and squirt a bit of water down when it appears.keep walking and do a few till theres a few laying on beach,pick up put in bucket and just keep going.i went twice last week,had 279 first day and 362 second day,cracking cod baits in winter,dont eat them myself.

Jesus christ! Thats an awesome tally. I consider half of that an exceptional day.

i normally get around 200 mark,but cheated,took my young boy with me to pick them up,so just went flat out squirting whilst he picked up,made a fair differance

Slight change to the venue, we'll be going to Oxwich and Three Cliffs bay. Closer to home and some positive reviews of a decent bag. :P

May not be quite as impressive as others, be happy if we get enough for a decent lunch. :huh:

We'll update on Wednesday, wish us luck!! :thumbs:

Well unfortunately due to getting the highest of low tides at 6.26m and not a 2.9m, dooh. Thunderbird and I went for the cockles instead. Not a bad haul of cockles and with a dozen mussels thrown in for good measure, we had a half decent lunch. Pics to follow. :)

Watched a chap digging up lug worms, huge things, reckon half a dozen would've fed a family of 4, comfortably :lol:

The next trip is planned for the 28th October when the tides are a little lower. That'll learn me.