prescription shooting glasses

welsh1

Got told today that i need to wear varifocals,but optician said they will fit lenses for free into shooting glasses with single focus,i will be wearing them rough shooting,pigeon decoying etc.

I have seen these,does anyone wear them?and are they any good?

http://www.doylesports.net/product/33

Does anyone have any other suggestions around this price range?

I use the topgun glasses which come with 5 filters for around £30 (they do 2 versions one with perscription inserts and one without inserts), plus the cost of your perscription lens. My local optician put the lenes in for me, its worth shopping around to see what the options charge as the price of lens can vary.

http://www.topgunclothing.com/index.cgi?product=Safety%20Items&prt=4-12300&xm=1&d=5&mid=SM5512&tp=1&cart_id=8827654_14939

Edited by BerettaSV10

I use the topgun glasses which come with 5 filters for around £30 (they do 2 versions one with perscription inserts and one without inserts), plus the cost of your perscription lens. My local optician put the lenes in for me, its worth shopping around to see what the options charge as the price of lens can vary.

http://www.topgunclothing.com/index.cgi?product=Safety%20Items&prt=4-12300&xm=1&d=5&mid=SM5512&tp=1&cart_id=8827654_14939

is the prescription lens frame visible on your peripheral vision?and is the silver frame matt or shiny(hard to tell from pictures)just thinking about pigeons spotting me,looks a good price,cheers for the link.

I bought the doyle sport glasses earlier on this year at the newark show. I think I paid about £30 for the frames and lens, only one colour amber available as he had sold all the other colours(other colours available by mail order). That price included the prescription lens insert, spec savers put the lens in them for another £30. The lens insert is a nickel finish, not too reflective.The edge of the lens insert is noticable as the lens insert is not the same shape as the coloured outer lens, but I dont find it too annoying. Overall they are ok for the money.

I bought the doyle sport glasses earlier on this year at the newark show. I think I paid about £30 for the frames and lens, only one colour amber available as he had sold all the other colours(other colours available by mail order). That price included the prescription lens insert, spec savers put the lens in them for another £30. The lens insert is a nickel finish, not too reflective.The edge of the lens insert is noticable as the lens insert is not the same shape as the coloured outer lens, but I dont find it too annoying. Overall they are ok for the money.

I also have the Doyle glasses - very impressed ! As guinty says, you can occasionally see the insert edge, but I don't find this distracting at all - I think that if they made them the same shape and size as the lens, it would be a prohibiting and unnecessary cost to grind a Px lens to that shape, it covers the area of vision, unless you spend a lot of time looking out of the corner of your eye. For the price they are excellent.

Edited by Bloke

Got told today that i need to wear varifocals,but optician said they will fit lenses for free into shooting glasses with single focus,i will be wearing them rough shooting,pigeon decoying etc.

I have seen these,does anyone wear them?and are they any good?

http://www.doylesports.net/product/33

Does anyone have any other suggestions around this price range?

I use the Top Gun glases. Brilliant and the service is excellent. I had one of the frames crack and contacted the company. They sent me a new frame by return post. Gob smacked I was, thought I would have to pay for them.

I had to go to specsavers to get my bifocal glasses checked and they were doing a two for one deal so I took the frame in and they fitted the lenses as part of the deal. This included scratch coating and photochronic (which I didn't want.) Didn't need the reading part so well pleased.