Airgun Pellets

Crow killer

crow killer to reply press: "add reply" not report this post to a moderator :blink:

Report:

Thanks, At the moment I am using RWS Superdomes and I am finding that I am not getting clean kills in the chest area with my 12 foot pounds.  I might try some more pointed ones for better penetration.

Crow Killer

Just use whatever pellet is most accurate in your gun. It'll almost certainly be a roundhead such as AA Field/accupell etc as they are ballistically more efficient and carry more energy downrange. The quarry won't express any opinion on pellet preference. Pointed pellets are generally awful as if the point is slightly off centre the pellet will fly off target. The only time to consider anything other than the most accurate pellet is for ultra short range ratting where accuracy is less of a problem than overpenetration (use hollowpoint or flathead)

:lol: I tried pointed ones on crows, Didnt really like them They were airarms diablo hunter. The feild vertion are better as they traqnsfer more kinetic energy onto the target :lol:

I agree.

I use AA field round headed pellets for pigeon and crow shooting, both suffer the same fate.

Ive tried several different makes but the AA fields really seem to suit my S410 .

By the way....everygoodnamewastaken,......I see you are located in Glasgow, where do you shoot ?

I am in Perthshire.