bullet seating

well thats fantastic you have such a good rifle and the ability to load such consistant ammo,well done you are very luck to have such a tool.BUT others are not so lucky or gifted that no more work is needed,so your statement "I dont want to be stood at the loading bench" isnt quite right now is it,as your sorted as others may not be,if you know what I mean

No luck involved Ackley, just a good gunsmith and many many years reloading.

I think you're kinda missing my point on the rest of my post.....

If I/you (anyone!) has a rifle that can consistently shoot sub 1/2" groups, then why do you need to waste time and money getting it to shoot sub 3/8" groups

when that time would be much better spent behind the butt practicing?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I/you (anyone!) has a rifle that can consistently shoot sub 1/2" groups, then why do you need to waste time and money getting it to shoot sub 3/8" groups

how contradicting

:blink: many many years reloading and yet your telling this chap to get out and shoot more rather than spend his time reloading and leaning

and all cos that time would be better spent behind the butt practicing, exactly what would be happening when load testing, no better practice than that

this particular RL7 .243 is still a dangerous load, especially for someone new to reloading, shame a few more on here can't be bothered to say so.

Hi mate just as I thought,so your not using "an out the box rifle" like the new guys on here asking for advice plus you are an experienced reloader so you know how important making ammo consistnt and with the correct powder

your statement "why bother if your gun shoot .5" exactly whay bother but 99% of factory rifle dont so you need to sit at the loading bench and the testing bench to get where you are today

you obvioulsy forget to tell the people of this site "just a good gunsmith and many many years reloading" has got you to the standard your at now

theres always a story to these .5 MOA all day long factory rifles,Iam glad you posted what you did as it prooves my point of what can be acheieved so well done mate

Edited by Ackley

how contradicting

:blink: many many years reloading and yet your telling this chap to get out and shoot more rather than spend his time reloading and leaning

and all cos that time would be better spent behind the butt practicing, exactly what would be happening when load testing, no better practice than that

this particular RL7 .243 is still a dangerous load, especially for someone new to reloading, shame a few more on here can't be bothered to say so.

Not at all what I am saying Paul, what I am trying to say is that if your hunting rifle is consistantly shooting sub 1/2" groups then time would

be better spent behind the butt shooting/practicing than trying to squeeze a further 1/8" out of it.

I kind of assumed that load dev had been done correctly already.

Edited by Browning

Hi mate just as I thought,so your not using "an out the box rifle" like the new guys on here asking for advice plus you are an experienced reloader so you know how important making ammo consistnt and with the correct powder

your statement "why bother if your gun shoot .5" exactly whay bother but 99% of factory rifle dont so you need to sit at the loading bench and the testing bench to get where you are today

you obvioulsy forget to tell the people of this site "just a good gunsmith and many many years reloading" has got you to the standard your at now

theres always a story to these .5 MOA all day long factory rifles,Iam glad you posted what you did as it prooves my point of what can be acheieved so well done mate

It matters not a jot whether you are using a factory or semi-custom rifle. Read my post just above this one to see what I am trying to say.

It matters not a jot whether you are using a factory or semi-custom rifle. Read my post just above this one to see what I am trying to say.

I read it mate and I fully agree with you,but my point is YOU had to spend the time developing and testing your consistant .5 MOA accuracy plus you had to have work done on your rifle,this sort of accuracy dosent come stright out of the box also not with basic reloading,so Iam just pointing out to newbies that your statement of "my rifle shoots .5 what more do you need" isnt exactly true as it may give the impression to the inexperienced reloader "you just put a bullet together and thats its done" which is what we are seing on here you have to test and test again.

my rifles are true .5 and less MOA tools they do this at 100 or 600 yards,but its no good me saying to newbie rifles men thats what you can expect,I dont need it any better even though it will shoot into the 2s if I do my part,you need to explain "hows its acheived,what is needed and hows its done" if you know what I mean

if you cant bring anything remotley interesting to an adult debate,dont bother mate as your making yourself look silly to others who maybe a little interested

thank you

If you are prepared to post such a load of old tosh then you must accept some of the flack . Its what is known as you carnt fool all of the people all of the time but you can fool some of the people some of the time . Incidently it would be nice to see a spontaneous answer from you rather than a well researched quote from one of your comics or from one of your north American web sites .

Harnser .

Edited by Harnser

If you are prepared to post such a load of old tosh then you must accept some of the flack . Its what is known as you carnt fool all of the people all of the time but you can fool some of the people some of the time .

Harnser .

boring bring something interesting and constructive to the table pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee,instead of your rubbish,the ols saying "cant teach and old dog new tricks" I didnt used to beleive it but in your case its obviously true,try catching up with modern times sir,your never to old to learn,ir are you just stuborn and cant accept it

in fact put me on your ingore list please

boring bring something interesting and constructive to the table pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee,instead of your rubbish,the ols saying "cant teach and old dog new tricks" I didnt used to beleive it but in your case its obviously true,try catching up with modern times sir,your never to old to learn,ir are you just stuborn and cant accept it

in fact put me on your ingore list please

It would be nice to see something original from you . Not just stuff found in comics and from the web . You come across as a 500 yard head shot man to me . Bet I am not very far wrong ,am I ?

Harnser .

It would be nice to see something original from you . Not just stuff found in comics and from the web . You come across as a 500 yard head shot man to me . Bet I am not very far wrong ,am I ?

Harnser .

you assume too much sir,500 yard is a long way yes it can be done but no I wouldnt,

looks like I was right "cant teach and old dog new tricks"

you can find a lot of good info from the web if your prepared to listen and actually understand a subject,sorry my comic reading days are long gone when the danday and beano where out,now if you mean shooting magazines well if you believe whats in them thats your fault :rolleyes:

how much more original do you want by telling the facts which cannot be disputed no matter how many petty insults you want to post,there are people on this site who want to learn judging by my PM box who just wont post beacuse of people like you

Edited by Ackley

you assume too much sir,500 yard is a long way yes it can be done but no I wouldnt,

looks like I was right "cant teach and old dog new tricks"

you can find a lot of good info from the web if your prepared to listen and actually understand a subject,sorry my comic reading days are long gone when the danday and beano where out,now if you mean shooting magazines well if you believe whats in them thats your fault :rolleyes:

how much more original do you want by telling the facts which cannot be disputed no matter how many petty insults you want to post

Bet you subscribe to soldier of fortune .

Harnser .

Hello

I emailed allient powders to enquire about the suitability of reloader 7 powder been used behind a 60gr bullet in .243

He didn't go into detail about it but said its safe to use. But advises using 39.5gr of reloader 15.

Not trying to start an argument about it just thort I would sheer the info

Thanks joe