ANOTHER Blinding days Foxing...

Norrie

Hiya, Firstly...let me apologise for not having any pics of the foxes we shot...we covered an amazing amount of land,and walked miles over the moors and to be honest,I was absolutetely cream crackered, so, couldnt be gassed taking too many pics...... .,.however, there is one pic of a dead thing...:)

Anyway...at 0615 this morning, Gavaroo appeared at mine, then we went for Mick ( not on here) and then off to collect Tam, who graciously offered to drive for the day...:)

We got to the first drive at 0800, and set off up the north face of Everest..well, it felt like it...I actually had a go of one of the guys inhalers..he's asthmatic, and he felt sorry for me!! :oops: .....instant relief, and he was my best mate for the rest of the day...:)

Inhaler Boy got a fox almost immediately. then off over the moors for drive 2....another couple of foxes there, and me still wheezing...another shot of the inhaler...:)

Drive 3, was on the flat, think it was Table Top mountain we were on !!!...and I didnt need the inhaler ( wooohooo)... :good: 4 foxes at that drive....

Drive 4 and 5 didnt come to anything,but we saw a couple of foxes running rings round the very experienced hounds....they ran into the forest which would be our final drive... then drive 6,after much excitement, and some Deer causing hassle to the hounds........ 3 foxes there....also on the flat, so no inhaler, also lost my best mate there, thank god it was flat ground all the way back to the farm entrance..:)

So, to summarise...10 foxes in total for an outsatnding day out,unfortunately none to any of us four..I didnt even fire a shot....Mick had two shots at a running fox, both missed... :blush: ..but great day out, and loads of adrenaline ... and I know Gav and Tam had a belter of a day, and they will both be back...:)

Thanks to the "Leader Off" and the "Hound Men"...for a great day, and the other shooters, some fantastic Craic,with some fantastic company... looking forward to the next one...two weeks and counting...:)

Now some pics...First a dead thing....LOL...wasnt us honest...

IMAG0338.jpg

Then a wee scenery pic, you can see some of the guys in this..I was sitting on a wall, sunning myself ..:)

IMAG0339.jpg

On top of the world maw!!!! Drive 3...

IMAG0333.jpg

I must protest at your summary - im sure Mick hit with first shot & it was finished off soon at the other side :yes: after all you wouldn't expect a fox to be entering a wood full of hounds & surounded by guns :P Hope you have all survived my driving :blush:

I must protest at your summary - im sure Mick hit with first shot & it was finished off soon at the other side :yes: after all you wouldn't expect a fox to be entering a wood full of hounds & surounded by guns :P Hope you have all survived my driving :blush:

LOL, Yep, I do remember now you said about that...... as I said, I was sunning myself.. Chillaxing..:)

What was wrong with yer driving??...nothing up with it mate.. :good: You can drive all the time if you want... :good:

Have a good day tomorrow...I'll let you know how I get on...:)

What stunning scenery! :good: It sounds like you had the sort of day that many of us can only dream about, and with good friends and a bit of banter what more could a man ask for. Thanks for sharing it with us! :good:

Hi Frenchieboy....

Yep, it is rather nice isnt it?? :good: and it's only 40 mins from the house...the guys are all good lads, every one of them... they all take their shooting seriously, if you saw some of the guns they use, you'd know how seriously, second mortgagses on some of them...LOL.. :yes: I wish ...:)

I'm actually very lucky to have so many good friends in the shooting world..in all fields of the sport....(even the vet I use is a registered Clay shooting instructor, and has invited me to go and have a lesson or two on the clays in return for some lamping)...particularly when i've only been shooting since the summer of 2009, thats when I got my first proper permission, things have really been going from strength to strength....long may it continue........:)

I keep saying this, BUT, I've never met such a decent bunch of people as I have in the shooting world... :good:

sounds like a top day and very productive i have always fancied a fox drive. i see the hunt doing there thing and think what a way to spend a few hours :good::good:

them horses dont half shift when they want to

Hiya, We dont use horses..isnt that illegal?? :blink: only one guy with a pack of 4-5 Beagles that works their way through a stand of trees...driving the foxes onto the guns...:)

BUT, It is a very productive, and exciting way to control foxes...thats 16 foxes we've had in the last two days...:)

Well done mate, Great read and sounds like a great day :good: :good: :good:

Thanks ...it was a fantastic day out...I've only been going for the last year or so, and thoroughly enjoyng myself...:)

Edited by Norrie