Microsoft works office

blackthorn

You can get a cheap version if you have kids at school. There's a website affiliated to MS that you can order it through, you can find it on the MS website but they hide it bloody well as they don't want you to know about it. I think it cost me ****** all for the student version. You're allowed one copy per child. If you get stuck i'll see if i can find the link.

........and in the ,meantime someone's posted the link :lol: :lol: :lol:

don't see the point of microsoft office really.

try libreoffice.

Fully compatible with M$ Office, but free.

And for home use I'd argue is probably better too.

Other than windows XP Pro I have not paid for any software for YEARS.

There is so much free opensource software available now there is no need. And a lot of it is better than the paid for stuff anyway...

Try here also to see if you qualify http://viglen.software2.co.uk/microsoft-office-professional-plus-2010-student-digital-download.html

£33.18

The Viglen Student Portal was created to enable Students, Parents and members of Academic Staff to purchase low cost, high quality software for use on their own personal machines. Most of the software available on the VSP is provided at a special price for Students and Academic Staff. As such you may be asked to prove your status when you purchase software from our site.

Edited by barrie0

libreoffice is a 'fork' of openoffice.

For those wondering what this means, openoffice was mostly funded by Sun Microsystems and some of the writers started to not like the way sun were taking charge of the software, so a fork was born with some of the top developers going off and creating Libreoffice on there own.

Some argue LibreOffice is now progressing at a faster rate...

Great piece of software really (both of them), when you consider it's free it makes the M$ office look a silly idea at the price.