barney 66

Sometime over the next few weeks i want to look at a lighter mod for my .222,at present it is a wildcat predator 8,would like over the barrel type again so as to keep it as short as possible,what do you lads use or recommend ?

Ive read a bit about the third eye spartan but i cant seem to find the weight on there website,

look forward to your replies

Chris

Edited by barney 66

Sometime over the next few weeks i want to look at a lighter mod for my .222,at present it is a wildcat predator 8,would like over the barrel type again so as to keep it as short as possible,what do you lads use or recommend ?

Ive read a bit about the third eye spartan but i cant seem to find the weight on there website,

Chris

why change from the p8 mod ? you wont get much more lighter

Chris

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Do you have the FULL P8 or the COMPACT version?

Just buy the parts to change the Full to Compact, save about 180g weight and makes it shorter, exactly the same baffle stack, no discernible difference in sound moderation up to and including .308!

Many will have seen this before, my .223, .243, .308, ALL fitted with their own Compact, the tube shown top right(ish) is from the FULL P8 and shows the size reduction of the Compact!

Ok, there may be lighter mods still, but only marginally and they will cost a fortune.

post-20848-0-39301400-1317842719.jpg

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Do you have the FULL P8 or the COMPACT version?

Just buy the parts to change the Full to Compact, save about 180g weight and makes it shorter, exactly the same baffle stack, no discernible difference in sound moderation up to and including .308!

Many will have seen this before, my .223, .243, .308, ALL fitted with their own Compact, the tube shown top right(ish) is from the FULL P8 and shows the size reduction of the Compact!

Ok, there may be lighter mods still, but only marginally and they will cost a fortune.

Thanks for the advice,i bought the compact tube set earier on this year,did make a difference and moving the weight back as well,i thought there might be something out there quite a bit lighter and i know i will have no problem selling mine,if i,m only gaining a few grams then its not worth the bother,

Thanks again

Been doing a bit of research on moderators before i make a final decision what to do,if i was only going to save a few grams its not worth it,but having put my predator 8 compact on the scales its coming in at 570 grams,The A-Tec cmm4 is only 220 grams,althought slightly longer 160mm as apposed to 100mm with the prdator 8 it is also narrower with a diameter of only 40mm as apposed to 50mm with the predator.

Does anybody on here use one of these? if so what do you think,it would be even better if someone has used both on the same rifle and give a fair comparison

Been doing a bit of research on moderators before i make a final decision what to do,if i was only going to save a few grams its not worth it,but having put my predator 8 compact on the scales its coming in at 570 grams,The A-Tec cmm4 is only 220 grams,althought slightly longer 160mm as apposed to 100mm with the prdator 8 it is also narrower with a diameter of only 40mm as apposed to 50mm with the predator.

Does anybody on here use one of these? if so what do you think,it would be even better if someone has used both on the same rifle and give a fair comparison

I have just got the new A-Tech Maxim which is 80mm covering the barrel and 115m beyond. Weighs 370g. Grear bit if kit, really worth looking into, a few gun dealers a raving about them. I can say that having had it for a couple of weeks :good:

I have just got the new A-Tech Maxim which is 80mm covering the barrel and 115m beyond. Weighs 370g. Grear bit if kit, really worth looking into, a few gun dealers a raving about them. I can say that having had it for a couple of weeks :good:

Thanks for the advice,I think i could be torn between the A-Tec or the Roedale both very light and compact also both got good write ups from what i can see,

Thanks again

Chris

Thanks for the advice,I think i could be torn between the A-Tec or the Roedale both very light and compact also both got good write ups from what i can see,

Thanks again

Chris

I might just add the dealer I bought it from wasn't aware that Jackson Rifles (importer) had this new mod on sale. When it arrived they were so impressed that they are not going to bother stocking the previous model unless requested! I think the suggested retail price is £245 if that helps, I got a better deal :yp:

I might just add the dealer I bought it from wasn't aware that Jackson Rifles (importer) had this new mod on sale. When it arrived they were so impressed that they are not going to bother stocking the previous model unless requested! I think the suggested retail price is £245 if that helps, I got a better deal :yp:

Where did you get yours from and what sort of deal did you get ?

Got the A-tec Maxim about a month ago for my 22-250, real happy with it and the envy of the father in law who purchased a T8 for his rifle at the same time. Got a good deal on it from a local gunsmith who apparently uses them on his rifle. £250 all in including rifle threaded. Bargain :)