204 load

hiya,moving up to a 204 after xmas spend out the way,so stocking up on bit,s and pieces,will be after some 39g sbk,s,to start on,and was wondering what powder are you all useing to reload,and primer,s,only got lil gun in stock at the mo to feed my hornet,any favourite brass,was going to get another brick for the hmr,but me think,s i will just stock up on 204 gear,instead,and use up my hornet gear,cheer,s fella,s,atb,ian

For brass either Lapua or Norma will last longer, bullet depends on what suits your rifle, V-Max are a good place to start as they one of the most consistent for quality. Powder, Hodgon recommend between 26 and 28.1 of Varget for a 40gr or have a look here, http://www.reloadersnest.com/query_bl.asp?CaliberID=357&Bullet=Hornady%20V-Max

hiya,thank,s for the info lad,s,which rifle are you both running,been talking to a fells,whose an rfd,he run,s a remington,and reckon,s it,s the most acurate rifle he has had,plenty choice for me i think,just plenty research req,like my cz,s,catch you later,regard,s,,ian

hiya,moving up to a 204 after xmas spend out the way,so stocking up on bit,s and pieces,will be after some 39g sbk,s,to start on,and was wondering what powder are you all useing to reload,and primer,s,only got lil gun in stock at the mo to feed my hornet,any favourite brass,was going to get another brick for the hmr,but me think,s i will just stock up on 204 gear,instead,and use up my hornet gear,cheer,s fella,s,atb,ian

Hi there i have done a lot of work on loading the .204 Ruger and the load i use is 26.9g of H322 for the SBK 39g bullets but i must say that case prep is the key to getting it to shoot well.

post-19992-0-84128500-1318924323.jpg

Edited by shooting charley

• 4 weeks later...

hiya,have scored a set of lee and a set of redding delux dies,and a couple of hundred cases hornady and remi,look,s like some 32g and some 39g sbk,s,to start on,will depend as to the rifle i end up with,thank,s for the info lad,s,apreciate it,cheer,s,,ian