Sprocker

antuk99

Was out beating on the grouse moor yesterday & as usual my sprocker enjoyed herself but on coming home I noticed she had difficulty breathing I put it down to her working her socks off but I have been up all night with her it has not eased up its been the longest night of my life sh hasn't slept either has any others had this it's like a chest infection she may of drank off the peat moor her chest is bubbly ringing vets @ 9 bloody dogs eh like kids :-(

Think she did 2 much yesterday feel like a fraud now but breathing still laboured shoved a thermometer up her **** not 2 keen then antibiotics going back tomorrow well there goes all the money she earned this season thaught robbers wore masks any how thing is I feel a little better just worrieing I would pay anything

She listened to it lungs ect all ok breathing a little fast got a temp she is started rasping again but hopefully I'll get some sleep she has slept most of today she had scrambled egg for tea .

Another thing mentioned when we was on the moor she got soaked she beat through streams & water ponds she was soaked then in beaters wagon off the moor then home lesson to me is carry a towel dry her off end of day .

I normally put her on the lead between beats but with her pulling she always got red eyes so this weekend I let her roam between thus she never stopped working all day.

Dunno if I will beat this moor again don't know what's best

She listened to it lungs ect all ok breathing a little fast got a temp she is started rasping again but hopefully I'll get some sleep she has slept most of today she had scrambled egg for tea .

Another thing mentioned when we was on the moor she got soaked she beat through streams & water ponds she was soaked then in beaters wagon off the moor then home lesson to me is carry a towel dry her off end of day .

I normally put her on the lead between beats but with her pulling she always got red eyes so this weekend I let her roam between thus she never stopped working all day.

Sounds like she has just picked up an infection mate, I wouldn't worry too much. Most dogs will be wet on the way home and my springers get soaked and never had a bother with them. Is she a house dog. If she is she maybe not able for the cold water, also her coat maybe lacking in oils due to central heating. I am presuming she has had her vacinations.

Edited by kermitpwee

get it a toweling coat mate , i got a thermo cell from pets at home around £15 , i stick it on her when we finish beating if shes wet through .

it soaks up very well , keeps her warm and dry , shes prone to cold water tail as it is.

some of the chaps laugh at me for this , but who cares , nowt worse than being wet and cold

Yes she is a house dog back to vets @ 3.20 this aft she still a little raspy but she is always with me in fact she is under the desk now only eaten scrambled egg i hope it is a infection & not permanent damage she has worked her socks off don't think a cocker is suitable for a heather moor well Sprocker she is my best pal

Yes she is a house dog back to vets @ 3.20 this aft she still a little raspy but she is always with me in fact she is under the desk now only eaten scrambled egg i hope it is a infection & not permanent damage she has worked her socks off don't think a cocker is suitable for a heather moor well Sprocker she is my best pal

Thought it might be a house dog alrite, with a house dog they need to be dried immediately and kept warm as due to been washed on a regular basis and central heating they lose the oil out of their coat. As a result the water is not displaced from their coat and it makes it's way to the skin.

Nothing wrong with a house dog at all mate they just need a few extra precautions like keeping them dry. You should look into adding some oil to her diet to get her coat in good shape, my uncle does this with his sprocker as he is a house dog and shivers like **** after a hard wet day out and he is a great dog.

Im sure you dog will be fine, I have only worked a spaniel once on a heather moor and personally I wouldn't again as I thought he was too short legged and it was too tough going as a result for him. Others will have a better insight into the moors than I.

Edited by kermitpwee