kent shooters

dunganick

As i would imagine most people would be intrested in a meet up to shoot a few clays at some point, i thought i would ask what ground you shoot at, so we can start to work out which ground/s would be the best for the kent forum members as a whole.

i will start the ball rolling, i mainly shoot at:

West Kent (paddock wood)

Willow Farm (tenterden)

Hawley (Dartford)

im not from that way, however i would have thought tenterden or canterbury would be the closest (but i dont know all the grounds down there so cant be certain) However i dont think canterbury (greenfields) shoot practices on a saturday, you have to book. So you would probably have to do a sunday.

Is there any clay shoots near Deal, Sandwich way? Might pop down and see my keeper friend near there next weekend.

Martin Gorse woods, Whitfield nr. Dover.

Excellent set-up, fibre wads only, a 70 cart card and good food at a reasonable price.

Who's your friend Sam? Do I need to avoid him :good:

There are very few commercial Clay Grounds in Kent, none in the Deal, Sandwich area o my knowledge.

Nick has listed all the ones I know of.

There's one in Sandwich Cranfield. They also had the one at Calcot Hill between Canterbury and Herne bay where a trapper was shot a couple of years ago. PM me if you want a hook-up.

This one might be a bit far for you, there is one at Whitstable, it's like the willow farm one rough and ready.

Forgot to mention that both these sites are fortnightly.

LB

LB, I was told that the one at Sandwich closed a year or so ago and the one near Deal was "private".

They may not be the specific ones you have identified, but the question I asked was, "are there any Clay Grounds in the Folkestone/Dover area ?".

That question was asked in Kent Wool Growers in Ashford. :no:

The Martin Gorse Woods one at Whitfield sounds worth a visit.

I tend to keep away from places where trappers get shot, or the shooters turn up with the barrels of their pump guns painted gold (saw that at JJ's). :good: