Using a 30cal mod on both 30cal and 25cal rifles

Raja Clavata

I now have a .308 and .243 in pretty much the same model with the same moderator thread on the barrels. Leads me to consider rationalising number of moderators from two to one. Does anyone else do this or tried this in the past?

I understand that it will of course be a compromise on the .243 but if anyone has any practical experience of this please share? Or indeed any idea of which 30cal mod would offer the best sound suppression on the .243?

I am currently running a T8 on the .243 and have considered the ASE NorthStar for the .308 - I had a T8 on my old .308 but that was a different thread so no chance of mistakes. The thought of screwing the .25cal T8 on the .308 bring me out in a cold sweat so I have no intention of buying a 30cal T8 and keeping the .243 one. Cabinet space is becoming a premium hence the idea of rationalisation.

Many thanks in advance!

Raja

I now have a .308 and .243 in pretty much the same model with the same moderator thread on the barrels. Leads me to consider rationalising number of moderators from two to one. Does anyone else do this or tried this in the past?

I understand that it will of course be a compromise on the .243 but if anyone has any practical experience of this please share? Or indeed any idea of which 30cal mod would offer the best sound suppression on the .243?

I am currently running a T8 on the .243 and have considered the ASE NorthStar for the .308 - I had a T8 on my old .308 but that was a different thread so no chance of mistakes. The thought of screwing the .25cal T8 on the .308 bring me out in a cold sweat so I have no intention of buying a 30cal T8 and keeping the .243 one. Cabinet space is becoming a premium hence the idea of rationalisation.

Many thanks in advance!

Raja

you will have no problem at all running 1 mod on all your rifles,a 30 cal hole on a 243 will be a little louder then a 6mm hole,not that you or mr fox would notice,I interchange my mod on my 7mm wsm and my 243 AI it has 30 cal hole

as to which mod well thats a personal choice,take a look and handle a few then make your own mind up,but for the money you cant go wrong with a third eye tactical sparten