BSA Superten tuning?

moeggesit

Does anyone know how to lower the power on a Superten? The gun seems to get worn in and the power is creeping over the 12ftp! :no:

Is there a simple adjustment that can be made?

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

you been one of a few to complain about the power going up. but your doing the right thing. i'd ring bsa for there advice if its new it will have to go back them. ask the gunshop advice.

i would not mess with a new one

due to the S10 being a regulated rifle, the only real way you can uprate the power considerably without damaging the rifle, is by fitting FAC only parts. The reg is set for 12Flbs it is posible to tweak it a little higher or lower deending on pellets. But all you will be able to do is get it high enough for a 5 year break but not high enough to make any difference

Rifleing has nothing or little to do with fac power levels

ROB :good:

I think BSA need a swift boot up the jacksey for giving out potentially dangerous info as YES what can be DEcreased can also be reversed to go UP the power scale :good:

Thank goodness there are other factors that would prevent the power from going massivley over the top :angry:

BSA should have informed you to take it to a recognised gunsmith and IF anything had gone wrong could have landed themselves in hot water over it :angry: .

No disrespect meant i am just TOTALLY suprised they gave that sort of info out. (although i am sure it will also be readily available online if one knows where to look :lol: .

Good to hear you have used a Chronograph though and shown some good old fashioned common sense :lol:

LG

due to the S10 being a regulated rifle, the only real way you can uprate the power considerably without damaging the rifle, is by fitting FAC only parts. The reg is set for 12Flbs it is posible to tweak it a little higher or lower deending on pellets. But all you will be able to do is get it high enough for a 5 year break but not high enough to make any difference

Rifleing has nothing or little to do with fac power levels

ROB :good:

Quite right. That was what the bloke from BSA said. I think that is only right that they should tell you how to 'tweak' it back to legal. He also said that if this did not rectify the problem that the regulator should be returned to them for adjustment/ replacement. :P

Rifling might not have any affect on the accuracy of these rifles but on most other (non air)rifles the twist is specific to the tipe, weight and velosity of the bullet. I therefore assumed that it will have a similar effect when pushing the pellets through the barrels at higher velosities (maybe double the design velosity). The barrels may however have been designed with a compromise factor included.

Not disagreeing with you roblade just my point of view. I very much appreciate your input :welcomeani: