we are being bent over and shafted

DSPUK

Government wont let you have something for nothing, we get better mpg from cars so buy less fuel government increases fuel duty to make up for it. This cost more to manufacture is a load of rubbish diesel is and always will be cheaper to make.

As much as I hate to admit it oil companies aren't the ones in the wrong here when you think of the overheads and tiny profit margins they actually make compared to there turnover no smaller companies would be able to operate on that. The nett profits sounds high and everyone complains but pound for pound the company i work for with 20 employees makez a higher margin.

The one thing that does my head in though is petrol stations of the same company being different prices. On the A1 between baldock and biggleswade there are 2 BPs on opposite sides of the road you can see both price boards from either side of the road, up until recently the southbound one was always 1 or 2p more expensive than the northbound, explain that !!!!!

its because too many of those lovely lucrative smokers either died or quit and alcohol is now generally too expensive for anyone to buy outside of a supermarket! What else have the poor ******* in govt got to tax us on? They've already been touting the idea of taxing you for parking at work so don't worry our illustrious leaders have plans to take more of your hard earned whatever you do!