Dive Bottle Testing Cornwall

marnold

I think the bottle can only be tested at a dive centre that has the facilities to Hydro test the cylinder? I may be wrong though? Last time I had it tested, I let my old gun shop owner in Wiltshire send it off. But seeing as we're in Cornwall, I was hoping that I could find a local(ish) diving centre could test it for me and I could just drop it off :)

I'm in Liskeard, so close to the Devon/Cornwall border. I don't mind travelling up to 40 miles or so. What with being near the coast, I was hoping to find a diving centre that would be able to do the test and fill the bottle for me.

Have a look on the PADI website for a dive shop nearby and give em a bell.

Thanks for the reply guys, much appreciated :good:

I have found somewhere in St.Austell that say it can take up to 3 weeks? Is that right? Seems like a long time to me!

It could be that the shop may be only sends them off to the test house once a fortnight which could allow time for them to deliver and collect them and allow time for the test house to test them.

For anyone that has the same query, Aquanauts in Plymouth (at the Barbican) do testing and filling and they have been excellent. I dropped the bottle off last night and it will be ready by the end of the week. £35 including the Hydro test, the Valve service and a fill. Hope this helps :good:

Contact details for anyone that wants them:

ADDRESS:

88 Vauxhall St

The Barbican

Plymouth

PL4 0EY

EMAIL:

info@aquanauts.co.uk

PHONE:

01752 228825

Edited by marnold