Ferret has died?!

rallyrus

Hi all,

Just thought I would put this on see of anyone has had anything similar?

When I got in from work last night at 8ish went to feed the dogs and ferts, usually they come out when they hear me feeding the dogs, they never, so thought that strange, had a look and one of them was in the middle of a section of pipe I have between there hutch and run, it couldn't get out of the pipe, so had to pull it out! It appeared to be having a fit! Shaking, eyes glazed over like it was blind, didn't move it's back legs just dragged them when I put it down.

The other girl is is not as bad definately not herself tho, so phones the vet and takes them down.

When got to the vets one had died! The not so bad one had a antibiotic injection, I didn't expect her to make the night but she has done!

Hopefully she'll be ok

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just thought I would put this on see of anyone has had anything similar?

When I got in from work last night at 8ish went to feed the dogs and ferts, usually they come out when they hear me feeding the dogs, they never, so thought that strange, had a look and one of them was in the middle of a section of pipe I have between there hutch and run, it couldn't get out of the pipe, so had to pull it out! It appeared to be having a fit! Shaking, eyes glazed over like it was blind, didn't move it's back legs just dragged them when I put it down.

The other girl is is not as bad definately not herself tho, so phones the vet and takes them down.

When got to the vets one had died! The not so bad one had a antibiotic injection, I didn't expect her to make the night but she has done!

Hopefully she'll be ok

Hi rallyrus, I once had one of my jills go off her back legs after giving bith we hand reared the young and fed her up and just left here quiet and she gradualy got over it you would'nt know now it ever happened and she works just fine. I always wonder if she had slipped a disc or somthing never bred her since then though just incase. Cheers Dave.